Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 06:49 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,609,273 times

Advertisements

A New Hampshire Walmart refused to print this photo collage because it showed a breastfeeding mother. (Photo: Luna Iris Photography)

A mother who hired a photographer to take photos of her breastfeeding her daughter says the local Walmart refused to print the images because they were “inappropriate.”

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/mom-...020224467.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 07:44 PM

4,993 posts, read 5,294,120 times
A couple of those were a little much particularly the close up of the breast and areola. It's a judgement call. I don't really see a problem either way. Another store probably would have been happy to print them. Mom just needed something to fuss about.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:48 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times
Yeah she just needed to try another place. Walmart has very strict rules. No kids in the bath, etc. The people were just doing their job. It wasn't anti breastfeeding. Just following the letter of their rules. They are silly pictures. I don't get women who think breast feeding is sexy or romantic and would pose with their kids like that. What will the child think of that photo in 15 years?

Last edited by HighFlyingBird; 08-20-2015 at 08:59 PM..

Old 08-20-2015, 11:46 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,251,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Yeah she just needed to try another place. Walmart has very strict rules. No kids in the bath, etc. The people were just doing their job. It wasn't anti breastfeeding. Just following the letter of their rules. They are silly pictures. I don't get women who think breast feeding is sexy or romantic and would pose with their kids like that. What will the child think of that photo in 15 years?
I don't think they view it as sexy or romantic, more as beautiful and precious. I have a friend on facebook who posts a lot of pictures of her breastfeeding her boys, not to try and look sexy or romantic (that's very weird to associate with breastfeeding) but to share those precious moments. I really wish I had some photos from when I was breastfeeding, its hard to remember the way they look at you when they latch on.

Old 08-20-2015, 11:47 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,044,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I don't think Mom was going for "sexy or romantic" when she had the pictures taken. Maybe "loving mother-child relationship"? Which I think the pictures express well.

I also think Walmart should reevaluate its policies, if it has a problem with pictures such as these.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:50 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
I think Walmart has every right to refuse to print any picture they want. Don't like their policy? Go somewhere else.

Old 08-21-2015, 04:52 AM

1,134 posts, read 1,124,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
A New Hampshire Walmart refused to print this photo collage because it showed a breastfeeding mother. (Photo: Luna Iris Photography)

A mother who hired a photographer to take photos of her breastfeeding her daughter says the local Walmart refused to print the images because they were “inappropriate.”

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/mom-...020224467.html
So she has enough money to hire a professional photographer but is so cheap she goes to Wal-Mart for the prints? I bet there's a lot of places that have rules when it comes to cheap prints. I'm sure the photographer would have been happy to print them, she's just too cheap. I hope she goes to another place with rules.

Old 08-21-2015, 05:15 AM

4,694 posts, read 3,475,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
I don't think they view it as sexy or romantic, more as beautiful and precious. I have a friend on facebook who posts a lot of pictures of her breastfeeding her boys, not to try and look sexy or romantic (that's very weird to associate with breastfeeding) but to share those precious moments. I really wish I had some photos from when I was breastfeeding, its hard to remember the way they look at you when they latch on.
I, too, wish I had taken photos of my son breastfeeding. My husband kept nagging me to but I kept putting it off. Those photos, to me are a celebration of the mother child bond. And I am quite jealous of them!

Old 08-21-2015, 05:18 AM

203 posts, read 172,733 times
"commemorate her journey through nursing" ?????????????????

Old 08-21-2015, 05:23 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,047,581 times
You can print your own photos. And who prints photos these days anyway, when you can post them on Facebook?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting