Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2015, 03:23 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,917,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Then don't make a video and put it on the internet for the world to see!
That's a good point. People who don't want their "parenting" (if you can call it that) criticized should not put their parenting on the Internet for all to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 03:58 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,626,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksvillemom View Post
I was spanked and trust me, it didn't make me want to behave. All it did was hurt and make me resent my parents. It's wrong to hit a child. That's all there is to it.
Spanking NEVER worked on me as a child. When I became a teenager and my mother kept spanking me, I would laugh in her face. I have LOADS of resent towards my mother til this day. It always seemed to me like she couldn't control herself. How many wooden cook spoons must you break on your children's backs and rear ends before you realize you have a problem?

This "mother" really needs some serious professional help. She surely helped the situation out with the mouth and attitude. Those DCS workers really have patience. She just runs over everyone.

She whooped her with a belt? Good grief!

So what exactly did the kid do at school? It typically takes quite a bit to get expelled....but to be expelled and brought home in handcuffs...it must have been something serious. And for some reason she yell at the DCS workers about her expulsion.

I love how it's DCS's fault that kids kill each other. Yup, that's where it comes from.....yup....sure....

Love how she tells them not to return to her residence....because yeah that's how this works!

If I acted like her, I certainly wouldn't make a video and put it on the internet for the world to see what a lowlife I am....wow.

She's such a chipper lady! She's a spppppecial kind of snowflake.

Old 10-17-2015, 05:34 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Im not even reading this carp

whipping a child = police should've been called let alone Social Workers.

Disgusting.

The fear and trauma that 10 year old endured will stay with them for the rest of their life.
Errr.... did you even follow the thread or looked at the video.

The police brought daughter home in handcuffs, and the mom spanked her IN FRONT OF THE POLICE, who then left.

Old 10-17-2015, 06:14 PM

6,796 posts, read 2,910,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Im not even reading this carp

whipping a child = police should've been called let alone Social Workers.

Disgusting.

The fear and trauma that 10 year old endured will stay with them for the rest of their life.
What a load of horse-dookey.

Old 10-17-2015, 06:14 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Errr.... did you even follow the thread or looked at the video.

The police brought daughter home in handcuffs, and the mom spanked her IN FRONT OF THE POLICE, who then left.

And called dfs because she had an open case. To which her male case worked came out to the house to check on the abuse and the mom had a baby fit over

Old 10-17-2015, 07:55 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,626,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
And called dfs because she had an open case. To which her male case worked came out to the house to check on the abuse and the mom had a baby fit over
Because the male case worker was the biggest problem she has.....said no one ever.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:39 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
Spankings and abuse are two different things. Spankings happen as a form of discipline; abuse happens because something is mentally wrong with the abuser. Let me give some examples for those who can't seem to understand the difference.

Spanking = you threw a rock through your neighbor's window and your father found out, so he spanks you and tells you not to do it again or you'll get another spanking.

Abuse = your father comes home from a crappy day at work, walks into your room, and just starts going to town on you for something you have no control over.

Is this clear?
Spanking = you sneak out of work early and your employer finds out so he slaps you and tells you not to do it again or you'll be slapped again.

Abuse = your employer has a bad day at work, walks into the office and starts hitting you all over for something you have no control over.

Is THIS clear?

Old 10-17-2015, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
So do I, as long as she didn't BEAT that child, but a couple of good cracks on the arse is justified.

When we cracked our boys on the arse (which was once in a Blue moon) for poor behaviour, we told them to pack their bags and we'd make the call ourselves if they wanted to complain to Children's Aid Society.

Proof was in the pudding. They'd rather have a few cracks on the arse as discipline for their behaviour, rather than being taken away to live in a foster home. I've heard horror stories about foster homes. Some of the people offering a foster home is just out for the money.
Most children would choose corporal punishment over being taken from their parents but that doesn't mean corporal punishment is good discipline. Your comparison doesn't make any sense.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
I wanted to put my child in foster care cuz I was fixin' to STRANGLE HIM if he didn't behave. Oh no. The state was going to charge me child support - and this was thrown out there because ain't no way it would ever happen.

Actually I was ineffective in discipline, apparently. He didn't want to listen for ANYTHING. He'd disappear for days at a time. Adults (he was 13 or 14) would buy him booze and give him Xanax. I had to work, couldn't stay home and sit on him. He'd skip school, get suspended, etc. It was a long road. I ended up (as I've said before) having a tracking bracelet on his ankle for 2 years until the day I dropped him off at the National Guard Youth Challenge Program in MS. (one of the best in the country) Can't say it totally straightened him out but I think it got his attention.

I love him to bits. He's apologized for putting me through all that (to his credit) and he still plays me when he wants me to buy him a pizza (he's in a different part of the country).

I only have 2, both boys. The whippin's didn't hurt them. They weren't frequent. And I was never mad when I did it. I know the general consensus here at c-d is there is NEVER a reason to take a belt to a "child" (even if he's bigger than you and bows up at you -their mom- like a rooster)
The whippings apparently were not very effective, either. I'm not saying your son wasn't a challenge, or that you didn't do your best. But it doesn't sound like hitting your son with a belt changed his behavior for the better.

Old 10-18-2015, 05:45 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,286,148 times
After 3 minutes I couldn't watch anymore. It was beyond disturbing. Not a fan of foul language. The mothers lack of class and her own disrespect for authority is there for everyone to see.

Hopefully the authroities will find the child a better place to live. The mother is unfit to be a parent and belongs in jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting