Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 12:55 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,896,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Everyone note...she already said that living with the dad is not an option!!
k:

I keep saying that, she kept saying that. People must be skipping over a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 04:37 PM

291 posts, read 378,553 times
Explain to your daughter that you made a horrible decision and hope she understands. Get her & yourself back home even if she is mad and goes kicking and screaming. Yes, 13 year old girls are very hard headed but part of this is your fault. I won't verbally beat you up for that- you have admitted fault. However, you have got to earn her trust back by NOT making any drastic decisions like that again while she is still a minor! Get her there & start earning her trust back. In the future with the new baby-remember this and how all your decisions impact your children. If you had worked into a healthy relationship over time and made all considerations first them moved I could understand this but that is not the case. I wish you luck, I really do.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:04 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,429,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
You must not have a child now, and especially not by this man. It's still legal for you to have an abortion. Run and get one now. Then move yourself and daughter back home to near your family for help. Get sterilized or at least implanted with long term contraceptive. A baby by this crazy man will mean you can never get away from him.

No baby deserves to be in this mess. IMO the baby should be put up for adoption.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:23 AM

4,577 posts, read 5,671,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thislifeconfused View Post

That doesn't make me not an adult and not responsible for my actions. But I did really well these past five years until i made this terrible mistake. I wish I could go back and undo it but I can't. I have to look ahead. It's not as bad as you think. My daughter is doing well. Soon she will be back home and at the school she was doing well at, and had extracurricular activities and made a lot of friends, and I will tell that I won't ever move her like I did again.
Everyone makes mistakes. But you have realized you have made a mistake, you are owning it, and you're doing something about it. All good signs.

You'll be fine, as soon as you get away from this situation. Good luck, dear. And do, please, consider getting some counseling for yourself, just to understand why you were so vulnerable to such a dangerous situation.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:54 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,790,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
No baby deserves to be in this mess. IMO the baby should be put up for adoption.
She can't put the baby up for adoption - it will go to the crazy biodad, and then when he fails it, into foster care. Maybe if it is lucky it will become eligible for adoption by the time it is in elementary school, the way our system works.

She should have a second trimester abortion now and never look back. And make sure it never happens again, by getting her tubes tied, or getting on a longterm contraceptive that cannot be sabotaged, neither by her nor by her partner.

Old 02-17-2016, 02:52 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,311,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I agree. I doubt that he would want anything to do with the baby much less pay child support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting