Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 08:07 AM

932 posts, read 1,274,075 times

Advertisements

I would do whatever I had to do to take care of my kids- regardless of what any of you say!

toodles~!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 08:14 AM

116 posts, read 448,718 times
Doesn't sound like it. Sad.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:44 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,064,393 times
So, as a mommy prostitute, are you doing whatever you can to take care of your children when you get beaten up by your customer, or thrown in jail - and aren't there to feed your kids breakfast and take them to school in the morning?

Give me a break!!!

If you were "doing whatever to take care of your kids" then you shouldn't be in the position to have to consider it anyway!

There are lots of night jobs... waitressing, bartending, grocery store stocker, gas, convenience store, manufacturing, cleaning office buildings.... heck, advertise that you will clean homes on craigslist during THE DAY TIME.

There are LOTS of responsible jobs out there for the clean, responsible, willing to work hard individuals.

There are also programs that specifically help single mothers get education, get on track to getting a paycheck - and feeding and taking care of her kids while she does this.

The fact of the matter is that the majority of people who RESORT to prostitution cannot function within a typical job environment, due to drug or other outside influences. The reasons they have made such decisions usually stem from issues back from when they were BADLY PARENTED.

It's a cycle, and if you think that it doesn't affect their children - you are kidding yourself.

Last edited by jwb123; 03-04-2008 at 08:53 AM..

Old 03-04-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
No one tells the men who visit prostitutes that they're bad fathers...or bad husbands..
Yes, visiting a prostitute when you are a married man would make someone a bad husband. If you are married with children, and choose to make bad decisions which will negatively affect your life, and as such the safety and security of your children - you are a bad father.

The notion that "what the children won't know won't hurt them" is ridiculous. Do you think that someone who chooses to make such negative decisions for their life, is not also lacking in decision making skills elsewhere?? What about the reason they are in such a quandry anyway? Are they just victims of circumstance beyond their control?? Please, what a slap in the face to single, hard working moms everywhere who, every day, decide to do right by their children and make good decisions. Is it easy? Not likely. Is it a struggle? Absolutely - but by being a GOOD EXAMPLE to their children, they are providing them a lifetime of positivity and assurance that they too won't fear struggle and will work to make better choices.

I guess the easy way out IS to break the law, but why not just go rob a bank then? I mean, as long as the children don't find out, right?

Old 03-04-2008, 08:58 AM

1,623 posts, read 6,528,754 times
Hello? Prostitution in most of this country is ILLEGAL! Substitute "deal drugs" for prostitution and you'll see why those who think this is an ok occupation for mom are seriously deluded.

Now if you live in Nevada or overseas where prostitution is legal, regulated, safe for the women, then by all means, go to work and raise your kids how you see fit...

Old 03-04-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Substitute "deal drugs" for prostitution and you'll see why those who think this is an ok occupation for mom are seriously deluded.
Thank you!! + for you.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:34 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbar View Post
Yes, visiting a prostitute when you are a married man would make someone a bad husband. If you are married with children, and choose to make bad decisions which will negatively affect your life, and as such the safety and security of your children - you are a bad father.

The notion that "what the children won't know won't hurt them" is ridiculous. Do you think that someone who chooses to make such negative decisions for their life, is not also lacking in decision making skills elsewhere?? What about the reason they are in such a quandry anyway? Are they just victims of circumstance beyond their control?? Please, what a slap in the face to single, hard working moms everywhere who, every day, decide to do right by their children and make good decisions. Is it easy? Not likely. Is it a struggle? Absolutely - but by being a GOOD EXAMPLE to their children, they are providing them a lifetime of positivity and assurance that they too won't fear struggle and will work to make better choices.

I guess the easy way out IS to break the law, but why not just go rob a bank then? I mean, as long as the children don't find out, right?
Pretty BIG jump from prostitution to robbing a bank. One will get you 30 days in jail. The other will get you 30 years in prison. Prostitution should be legal,taxed and regulated. It is a SILLY reason to put someone in jail. Succsesful prostitutes have been raising families for thousands of years. As a matter of fact prostitution may be the best job in the world. " You've got it so you sell it and after you sell it, you've still got it!"

Old 03-04-2008, 11:33 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,871,095 times
I haven't read everything but if you want to take kids away from prostitutes, what about the stay at home moms who are high priced hookers in high society neighborhoods? We just had that happen where I live. Busted a madam and a lot of her "girls" were just what I said. They wanted extra money. Guess hubby isn't making enough to keep up their lifestyles. You never know what is going on with a person. Just because they don't look like the stereotypical hooker doesn't mean anything. And not all women who dress how you may think is trashy are not hookers.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Prostitution should be legal,taxed and regulated.
Shoulda, woulda, coulda - but it's not. SO.... you are left with a mother, in jail, for 30 days... while her kids are... where? Yeah, the lifestyle doesn't affect the kids, does it?

Quote:
Succsesful prostitutes have been raising families for thousands of years.
Successful prostitue is kind of a misnomer, don't you think?

Old 03-04-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
what about the stay at home moms who are high priced hookers in high society neighborhoods?
Those are BAD mothers, making BAD decisions, which equal BAD PARENTING.

I personally have not really addressed "custody" specifically ... it was, for me, about whether or not hookers were bad parents. "High society" or not, if you are making bad decisions that can negatively damage your child's life and security... you are a BAD PARENT. In regards to custody - that's up for CPS to decide.... and I am pretty sure if you are knowingly breaking the law... CPS isn't going to let it slide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting