Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 01:25 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
...... I'm waiting for an elderly person or someone on crutches to get knocked down and injured. Wonder how the parents would feel then.
Mom said she would sue them.

Old 12-25-2016, 07:54 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,654,219 times
Those with no or well-behaved children understand that the parents of ill-behaved kids probably have some "buyers remorse" and might have given up on them and on life. However, don't inflict the consequences of your bad choices and poor skills on the rest of society. No one wanted to see every silent picture of them on FB when they were babies (despite what may have been said to your face) and certainly no one wants to wants to experience them now in "real life".

Old 12-25-2016, 09:06 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Children should strictly been seen but never heard at all times in all places.
No need to exaggerate but yeah, pretty much unless it's a kids event! If at a family gathering they should have a room/basement to go off on their own with a couple teens to supervise....at restaurants that's where they learn so yeah...either McDonalds/Sirloin Stockade or they have to be quiet at "adult/couples" restaurants or they stay home.

The thing I've noticed is that over the years, kids are encroaching into typical adult activities - everything is turned into a kids thing and that just doesn't work. I doubt there were ever any kids at 60's cocktail parties! Kids have their things but NOT everything is a kids thing so parents need to be mindful and get babysitters or at least teach kids when it's not about them and to be in the background for some things.

Old 12-25-2016, 09:31 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Oh lordy. Don't come to my house. "There is always something happening and it's usually quite loud. Our house, in the middle of the street....." I remember one of my birthday parties and I wanted the shorties with me as well. They were running around and their mom tried to make them stop. I told her this is the way it is here. You don't want to be here when the dogs are playing hide and seek with the shorties. The barking is insane, so is the running and squeals of delight. Inner child is happy I love the energy and the noise.

Old 12-25-2016, 09:58 AM

11,797 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Oh lordy. Don't come to my house. "There is always something happening and it's usually quite loud. Our house, in the middle of the street....." I remember one of my birthday parties and I wanted the shorties with me as well. They were running around and their mom tried to make them stop. I told her this is the way it is here. You don't want to be here when the dogs are playing hide and seek with the shorties. The barking is insane, so is the running and squeals of delight. Inner child is happy I love the energy and the noise.
The OP didn't make mention at all about what you do in your own home.

Old 12-25-2016, 10:00 AM

473 posts, read 502,518 times
No discipline didn't make a very good workforce with some of the millennial. Pacified from childhood to teens to adulthood causes some brat situations at work....

Old 12-25-2016, 10:06 AM

708 posts, read 578,148 times
Sometimes if it's really bad, and the kid is just being a brat....I give them the old stink eye while the paren't isnt looking. It usually shuts them up pretty quick.

Old 12-25-2016, 10:32 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,580,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Children should strictly been seen but never heard at all times in all places.
No, but they don't need to be heard by everyone in the room. They do not have the right to ruin other people's time with behavior that is inappropriate for the occasion.

Old 12-25-2016, 10:37 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,580,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Of course the energy of kids can be fun, but not so much at someone elses wedding of a similar event. Kids are smart enough to behave appropriately to the event if parents aren't too lazy to teach them and give some guidance before the event. Kids too young to understand shouldn't be there.

Old 12-25-2016, 10:45 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo8414 View Post
Add adults that want to park their cart right in the middle of the isle way pretending not to see you trying to get by. That's when you just move it for them with your cart. Their is a certain level of uncontrolled behavior that is tolerable out in public and most parents let their kids exceed it. Especially this time of year when stores are beyond packed they should be reined in even more.

I don't believe it's "most" parents. I work retail in a very large store and these past few weeks have been chaotic. The kids, however for the most part, have been reasonably behaved. Yesterday I saw two girls playing with a shopping cart, pushing each other around on it in a very busy area, and made them stop. We hear babies cry but rarely do we witness a real breakdown or tantrum. Last one I saw the parent took the kid out of the store. I silently applauded her. lol Anyway, it isn't half bad in my store most of the time and, for that, I am grateful. The adults still do park their cart where they shouldn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting