Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2017, 04:12 AM

41 posts, read 24,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
Oh...mercy!!
Yeah and the sympathy on this thread could form a puddle!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2017, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftSleepyKitten View Post
This is the issue.

I've had more success than imagined speaking to the other parents. They want to restrict their son to seeing mine max once a week outside of church - mainly due to his dependency issues. Also no time in each other's company and they've accepted no kissing around me. So basically, whether they've realised it or not, as I'll never let me son go to them our sons will have the most limited dating experience as to make it more of a friendship if even that. I'm feeling far more optimistic. I can't see my sons attention lasting long with those rules.
You are deluded if you think that would stop them. And no kissing in front of you?! All this will do is make your son think you're unreasonable and that kid hate you more.

Happy to be proven wrong though - how did they react to this OP?

Old 09-09-2017, 04:42 AM

1,644 posts, read 1,664,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolEuropeanGirly View Post
Listen, like most mothers you clearly think your son can do no wrong. I'm willing to bet he's not half as good as you think he is. Of course you want to blame a 12 year old but no 15 year old I know would date someone that young without some benefits. I can guarantee they're almost 100% having some kind of sex. Blame the 12 year old all you want for being a sl*t, sitting in his lap, kissing him and whispering to him but I don't see in any of your posts where your son is complaining about it. I'm sure he's getting more when mummy isn't watching. I'd be concerned that he was trying to coerce this boy who by your own admission has been coerced before by an adult. In fact this kid might be doing all those things just to seem grown up so your son will be interested in him, he sounds like he has low self esteem which your son is taking advantage of.

I think you should stop hating a 12 year old. In fact you should be nice to the kid, doesn't look like he has a mother like you to think he can do no wrong.
I don't know that Mom thinks the 15 yr old can do no wrong but she clearly has issues with seeing her son as a person with sexual thoughts and urges. A woman who is embarrassed to kiss and hold hands with her husband on their wedding day is probably not going to be comfortable having an honest talk with her son. The 12 yr old clearly has issues that need to be addressed. Both families could benefit from professional help.

Old 09-09-2017, 04:48 AM

164 posts, read 329,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
It all seems strange that a 12 and 15 year old would have anything the same in terms of even video games much less "studying" since they are 3 grades apart in school and don't even attend the same school. Are you sure there isn't already something sexual going on that is keeping the relationship going? And don't blame the 12 year old as being strange - I'm sorry to say it but your son may be the "instigator" as he is older and more curious. Think about this objectively. It's less scary to get with a younger kid.
I have a 12yr old and a 15yr old. Based on their actual birthdays they are only 1 school grade between them. One is in the 8th grade and the other is in the 10th. They both have friends that are 2 to 3 yrs different in age

Old 09-09-2017, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
15 > 12 = criminal case pending against your son. 12 yr old cannot legally give consent.

That isn't 100% true. For instance in the state of Utah you can't consent to sex til the age of 17. However it is legal for a 10yr old to date a 14yr or 11yr old date a 15yr old as long as there isn't more then 4 years age gap

Old 09-09-2017, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccc123 View Post
I don't know that Mom thinks the 15 yr old can do no wrong but she clearly has issues with seeing her son as a person with sexual thoughts and urges. A woman who is embarrassed to kiss and hold hands with her husband on their wedding day is probably not going to be comfortable having an honest talk with her son. The 12 yr old clearly has issues that need to be addressed. Both families could benefit from professional help.
Yeah I missed that. Insanity. There is no way this boy will feel comfortable enough to tell her anything important. Sounds like the dad knows what is going on (saw the post where OP said he bought condoms).

OP you have a healthy 15 year old boy, please wake up!

Old 09-09-2017, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson15 View Post
I have a 12yr old and a 15yr old. Based on their actual birthdays they are only 1 school grade between them. One is in the 8th grade and the other is in the 10th. They both have friends that are 2 to 3 yrs different in age
This boy is a couple of grades ahead... so I guess they could be in the same grade?
I'm from the UK so not really familiar with it. There is still a lot of differences between kids at those ages.
You have both - would you feel comfortable if a 15 year old wanted to date your 12 year old?

Old 09-09-2017, 05:29 AM

Quote:
This boy is a couple of grades ahead... so I guess they could be in the same grade?
I'm from the UK so not really familiar with it. There is still a lot of differences between kids at those ages.
You have both - would you feel comfortable if a 15 year old wanted to date your 12 year old?
Honestly yes, my oldest actually is dating a boy that is 2.5 years older. We have very firm rules that include a lot of communication and they have been together almost 2 years.

Old 09-09-2017, 11:40 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,605,395 times
I knew a chap in college who had entered at sixteen. He began a very discreet relationship with a young woman who had just received her Ph.D. and joined the faculty at the rather tender age of twenty-five. They were married four years later. I know that they were married for at least thirty years because I met them at an airport. Interestingly, he looked significantly older than she did at that point.

Think of the difference between that couple and the pair described in this thread.

Old 09-09-2017, 12:57 PM

173 posts, read 134,819 times
Quote:
Listen, like most mothers you clearly think your son can do no wrong. I'm willing to bet he's not half as good as you think he is. Of course you want to blame a 12 year old but no 15 year old I know would date someone that young without some benefits. I can guarantee they're almost 100% having some kind of sex. Blame the 12 year old all you want for being a sl*t, sitting in his lap, kissing him and whispering to him but I don't see in any of your posts where your son is complaining about it. I'm sure he's getting more when mummy isn't watching. I'd be concerned that he was trying to coerce this boy who by your own admission has been coerced before by an adult. In fact this kid might be doing all those things just to seem grown up so your son will be interested in him, he sounds like he has low self esteem which your son is taking advantage of.

I think you should stop hating a 12 year old. In fact you should be nice to the kid, doesn't look like he has a mother like you to think he can do no wrong.
I do not think that my son is perfect at all but he is objectively a good young man.

I do not hate the 12 year old and I'm allowed not to like him. As it is I've spent a few hours without strangling him so there is that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting