Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 03:29 PM

1,299 posts, read 824,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
They also interviewed a Chinese mom and she opted for the c-section because she wanted to avoid the pain. When you watch some of those movies and tv series where mom's scream at the top of their lungs, I understand why young mothers might be afraid of that "experience" and look for a seemingly easier alternative.
:lol I've heard this perspective before, and it always makes me laugh. C-sections hurt like a mofo, for longer than any normal labour.

Old 11-12-2017, 03:41 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,770,534 times
Maybe there is something wrong with my sense of humor, but c-section makes me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JehjqlzXwIQ

Old 11-12-2017, 04:08 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,010,361 times
The c-section is no "easy way out." It is painful and leaves you scarred and is usually more difficult to recover from than a natural birth. I hate when I see women pinning other women against each other like this. While I would personally prefer a natural birth, in reality you can't 100% plan for it and you don't know what's going to happen. And that's fine. I don't judge people's choices, not even if they voluntarily have a c-section, as a result of pure choice and no issues. Because it still isn't "easy." Unless there are complications with a natural birth, I'd call a routine (whether elective or not) c-section harder in the long run than a routine natural birth.

My mom had to have c-sections because she has an abnormality with her uterus that requires it. She didn't want to, but she had to. She cannot have natural births. It was no "easy way out" for her and her c-sections were no more her fault than the very fact that she was born with such an abnormality. It is what it is.

Old 11-12-2017, 08:27 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,748,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Maybe there is something wrong with my sense of humor, but c-section makes me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JehjqlzXwIQ
WOW, Really??

Old 11-12-2017, 11:13 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,643,377 times
I don't get the title of the thread. C-sections are NOT an easy way out. You're literally cut in half and a person is pulled out of your body, then you're sewn back together. How on earth is that easy?

Old 11-13-2017, 04:16 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,770,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
I don't get the title of the thread. C-sections are NOT an easy way out. You're literally cut in half and a person is pulled out of your body, then you're sewn back together. How on earth is that easy?
Maybe I should have added a question mark because it might seem the easier way to some women, even if it isn't...

Old 11-13-2017, 05:34 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,400,482 times
I had both. C-section was a relief after a long and complicated birthing process that was putting the baby in distress. The recovery was long. I'd pick another c- section if I had another child, but I'd do a VBAC if I wasn't scared of complications again. I doubt I would be allowed VBAC due to all my pregnancy and birthing issues.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:43 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,324,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCCan View Post
If I become pregnant in the future I will do whatever I can to have an elective c-section. It is a very important choice for me. As it was said, it is a method for giving birth. I don't believe there is anything easy about childbirth, no matter how a baby is delivered. It is a huge deal. I believe a women should be able to choose what she knows is best for her body.
what is best for the body is not to have major abdominal surgery where your organs are pushed aside or removed from the abdomen so the doc can get to the uterus to surgically remove the baby. What is best is not to have to recover from major surgery at all. It hurts, the caesarian shuffle is nothing to want to repeat, and the post surgical things that can be 'difficult' are numerous.

But if it is what you have to do, it is what you have to do.

It all comes down to medically advised decisions, although no doubt the body was meant to give birth naturally for the well being of the mother and the baby. Except for some small % who boutique shop convenience deliveries.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:56 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,589,089 times
I had a c/s and it was anything but easy. My baby was 11 lbs and I was on blood thinners so it was the safest option for all involved. The surgery itself was fine but the recovery took a lot longer than I expected. If at all possible I would advise people to avoid it but sometimes you just can’t.

Old 11-13-2017, 11:54 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,305,824 times
With my first child we attempted natural childbirth but after several hours of pushing with no success AT ALL, my doctor thought it would be safer for the baby to go with a c-section.

My recovery was AWFUL because I basically had 90% of the natural childbirth process and 100% of a c-section. My recovery was so hard that I debated whether I'd ever have a 2nd child.

I did get pregnant a second time, and told my doctor under no circumstance would I even CONSIDER VBAC. I didn't want to possibly go through the same scenario as I did with my first (unsuccessful natural birth followed by c-section). When I went through all my reasons, she agreed to do the c-section and a date was selected.

Recovery was still tough (it's major surgery, after all), but infinitely better than the first time around.

I don't regret it one bit. I think the choice is "to each her own" and I don't judge any women for the choice they make for childbirth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.