Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you cover up or not?
Yes 29 40.85%
No 33 46.48%
Not sure 9 12.68%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 01:20 PM

13,261 posts, read 8,041,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
It's just a testament to the fact that mothers cannot win. You shouldn't work, you shouldn't stay home with your baby, you shouldn't decide not to have children, you shouldn't have more than 2 children, you shouldn't bottlefeed your baby, you shouldn't breastfeed your baby, you shouldn't use disposable diapers, you shouldn't use cloth diapers, you shouldn't be too fat, you shouldn't be too thin, you shouldn't wear such a revealing swimsuit, you shouldn't wear a bathing suit that looks like something a grandma would wear, you shouldn't have your baby in the sun, you shouldn't have your baby in the rain, you shoudn't have your baby in the snow, why isn't the baby wearing a hat, why is the baby overdressed, why is the baby wearing socks on such a hot day, why don't you put a blanket on your baby, you shouldn't take the baby out if it might need to eat, you shouldn't sit home all day with the baby, and on and on and on.

Everyone else is an expert on what you should do with your baby. Especially teenagers, people who have never had children, and men. They all know how to be the perfect mother.

And some of the grandmas. Definitely not all of them, but definitely some. LOL

Old 07-24-2018, 01:57 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,266,551 times
Majority of breastfeeding women are discreet enough that most people won't even notice what they are doing. I tried to breastfeed at a waterpark. I was covered up but not very coordinated. I heard a kid yell "Ewwwww" from gosh knows where. Oh well.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:02 PM

428 posts, read 416,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Here's the thing though, at least in the coverage I saw on two separate networks on the story yesterday morning...

They weren't asked to leave the pool or its grounds at first.

They were asked if they would first get out of the pool for safety reasons-- and they had a problem with that...

So they were then asked if they would at least feed the babies next to the pool while covered-- and they had a problem with that...

So THEN they were asked (since they weren't willing to do so covered at all around other families) if they would feed the babies in a more private area of the grounds, which I believe even the police officer that answered to this issue said was the locker room-- and they had a problem with that...

I'm a mom and I've done bottle and breast, and it really doesn't hurt anything to feed your baby with a cover-- your baby is still getting fed, nobody is asking you not to FEED your baby, just for a little modesty.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:22 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,715,622 times
I don't understand what is so wrong about covering up? Its not like the baby is going to suffocate under a light scarf. some women are so dramatic

Old 07-24-2018, 02:33 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,942,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
I don't understand what is so wrong about covering up? Its not like the baby is going to suffocate under a light scarf. some women are so dramatic
Depending on the age of the baby, that scarf will be pulled off anyway. My infants always played with whatever cover I tried and pulled on it. They also wanted to look around while they ate if they were not newborns.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:34 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,734,856 times
Have you ever nursed a baby under a scarf? My daughter would pull off, scream, and flail her arms when I tried to cover. Some babies go for that, and some babies don't. Either way, less would have been showing while nursing than while sitting there in a bathing suit, so I'm not sure what the problem is anyway. Nobody was going to see a nipple in any case.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:40 PM

1,201 posts, read 806,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
The only ones being dramatic are those asking a nursing mom to cover herself or retreat from view because they are afraid their children might ask questions or their hubbies might pop a boner because "booby!!!"

Old 07-24-2018, 03:03 PM

28,958 posts, read 30,311,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcharas View Post
Here's the thing though, at least in the coverage I saw on two separate networks on the story yesterday morning...

They weren't asked to leave the pool or its grounds at first.

They were asked if they would first get out of the pool for safety reasons-- and they had a problem with that...

So they were then asked if they would at least feed the babies next to the pool while covered-- and they had a problem with that...

So THEN they were asked (since they weren't willing to do so covered at all around other families) if they would feed the babies in a more private area of the grounds, which I believe even the police officer that answered to this issue said was the locker room-- and they had a problem with that...

I'm a mom and I've done bottle and breast, and it really doesn't hurt anything to feed your baby with a cover-- your baby is still getting fed, nobody is asking you not to FEED your baby, just for a little modesty.
And that is common courtesy and common sense thank you

Old 07-24-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoR View Post
The only ones being dramatic are those asking a nursing mom to cover herself or retreat from view because they are afraid their children might ask questions or their hubbies might pop a boner because "booby!!!"
I'm sorry but I think you took this to the whole other end of the spectrum exaggerating a scenario which isn't even an issue

Old 07-24-2018, 03:08 PM

I can see where some people are still getting upset thinking that they're doing the wrong thing because other people disagree you are not doing the wrong thing and I ask again if people would be calm and collected in add to the discussion instead of being sarcastic were defensive about it.

Believe it or not there are some women out there who are exhibitionists and are using rest feeding as a way to get attention I'm not saying every and all women do this but there are some that will and I think these 2 girls at the waiting pool were contradict of to every aspect of every suggestion that was made to them which was wrong the idea breastfeeding their babies wasn't wrong at all it's the idea of their attitudes about it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting