Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2018, 03:39 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Look, Wakefield was/is a fraud. He lost his medical license. That is something that is not done lightly. Just look at Bill Sears; he still has one.
I think you meant Dr. Bob Sears? There is a Dr. William Sears, or “Dr. Bill” but that is his father; the pediatrician of attachment parenting philosophy fame.

And Wakefield... whatever he is, there is no “guy who wrote a study & put this idea in our heads”. That would be evidence based science that initially came up with the association between vaccines & Autism & it did so a long time before Wakefield was around.

Doctors who publicly question vaccines face discipline. Dr. Bob Sears is actually just the first of another 54 California physicians awaiting medical board reviews for writing MEDICAL exemptions for children with a history of adverse reactions or medical conditions contraindicating vaccines.

I’m not sure exactly what good this will do if it continues this way; such actions were previously reserved for physicians caught diverting narcotics or whatnot.

Pretty soon, people will understand that if they ask their doctor about vaccines, that their doctor may be answering “under duress” & as such will not be a credible source. If that happens, public health will be at risk.

Old 08-05-2018, 03:39 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temps1 View Post
Thats a good choice!!

There have been studies and its found vaccinated people are often MORE SICK than those who are not....

Studies Prove Without Doubt That Unvaccinated Children Are Far Healthier Than Their Vaccinated Peers ⋆ VacTruth.com

Our immune systems are better left alone!

Old 08-05-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I have 11 children ages 14-32. The first 4 tolerated immunization well & without adverse reactions. The 5th & 6th were fraternal twins.

One child died within 24 hours of immunization. Her twin survived but had episodic apnea for 36 hours.

The 7th to the 10th tolerated immunization well & without adverse effects. The 11th child was regressing developmentally within the first week of the vaccines he received on his 2nd birthday & was diagnosed with severe, regressive autism by age 3.

I would agree that the “became autistic overnight” description is not accurate. The developmental regression follows an acute encephalitic event, so although the child may begin to behave atypically overnight; they would still have to regress over a period of time before being clinically diagnosable as “Autistic”.

I have been an RN since 1992 & have spent years evaluating patients for, averting & reversing everything from opiate overdoses to septicemia, allergic reactions to blood transfusions, seizures & head injuries, etc .

I’m not sure exactly where you feel at what point I came to the “wrong” conclusion but if any mother could come to the “right” one; I’m pretty confident it would be me.

Unless, of course you are convinced that all mothers are just silly, confused & neurotic females, in which case I probably can’t help you out with that.
Good post

Old 08-05-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Sorry for your loss, cochristi and I’m also sorry that you have had to deal with the disrespect from people who don’t want to believe you or try to tell you that you’re just silly,confused or nuerotic. I believe you.
I believe her too.

Her story just confirms to be VERY careful with what vaccines to do and to WAIT until they are older

Old 08-05-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
I think the most disturbing thing about this whole thread is how much faith people have in the CDC, who is largely responsible for the vaccines recommendations. A whole lot of people at the CDC who make these decisions (and not just with vaccines, but protocols for all disease treatment) have HUGE conflicts of interest.

Again, I'm not saying that vaccines are bad at all. But I'm saying I am suspicious of all the recommendations and number of vaccines, especially since a lot of the folks who make these recommendations just happen to have a financial interest in the vaccine manufacturers (same with other diseases and drug manufacturers). So the more vaccines given, the more money they make - and by they, I mean the people who recommend those vaccines.

Again, I fully admit that vaccines work. But I think it's entirely possible (and in fact likely) that two shots of a vaccine may be just as effective, or could be formulated to be just as effective, as three. But since they make more money on three, they recommend three.
Boom

Old 08-05-2018, 03:59 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,585,020 times
Let me preface this by saying that I did not read all 18 pages of posts but vaccines work and shouldn’t be optional unless your child has another medical condition that would contraindicate it. At that point pros and cons should be given and an informed discussion should happen with the doctor and parents.

Even IF the crazy claims about autism were true wouldn’t you rather have an autistic child than a dead one from something you could have prevented? Maybe that’s just me...

Old 08-05-2018, 04:10 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,652,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Danger to their own kids and every kid that they come in contact with if their kid has a preventable disease
If your kid is vaccinated and you believe so strongly in the power of vaccinations, you would have nothing to fear from unvaccinated people.

Kinda basic.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
I think the most disturbing thing about this whole thread is how much faith people have in the CDC, who is largely responsible for the vaccines recommendations. A whole lot of people at the CDC who make these decisions (and not just with vaccines, but protocols for all disease treatment) have HUGE conflicts of interest.

Again, I'm not saying that vaccines are bad at all. But I'm saying I am suspicious of all the recommendations and number of vaccines, especially since a lot of the folks who make these recommendations just happen to have a financial interest in the vaccine manufacturers (same with other diseases and drug manufacturers). So the more vaccines given, the more money they make - and by they, I mean the people who recommend those vaccines.

Again, I fully admit that vaccines work. But I think it's entirely possible (and in fact likely) that two shots of a vaccine may be just as effective, or could be formulated to be just as effective, as three. But since they make more money on three, they recommend three.
"I'm not anti-vax but. . ."

Please post some evidence that "a lot of the folks who make these recommendations just happen to have a financial interest in the vaccine manufacturers" from a reliable e.g. not woo source.

And you still have not said why you think fewer doses of vaccine would work as well. Please post some peer-reviewed evidence for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I think you meant Dr. Bob Sears? There is a Dr. William Sears, or “Dr. Bill” but that is his father; the pediatrician of attachment parenting philosophy fame.

And Wakefield... whatever he is, there is no “guy who wrote a study & put this idea in our heads”. That would be evidence based science that initially came up with the association between vaccines & Autism & it did so a long time before Wakefield was around.

Doctors who publicly question vaccines face discipline. Dr. Bob Sears is actually just the first of another 54 California physicians awaiting medical board reviews for writing MEDICAL exemptions for children with a history of adverse reactions or medical conditions contraindicating vaccines.

I’m not sure exactly what good this will do if it continues this way; such actions were previously reserved for physicians caught diverting narcotics or whatnot.

Pretty soon, people will understand that if they ask their doctor about vaccines, that their doctor may be answering “under duress” & as such will not be a credible source. If that happens, public health will be at risk.
Yes, I meant Bob. Sears wrote these so-called "MEDICAL" exemptions for people he had never seen before. The case he is being punished for had many irregularities. That is what a medical board is for, to look into such cases.

BTW, Wakefield held a patent on a single antigen measles vaccine. First he had to discredit the MMR, which had been in use for 27 years at the time he wrote his fiction piece that The Lancet originally published then retracted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
I believe her too.

Her story just confirms to be VERY careful with what vaccines to do and to WAIT until they are older
I'm sorry for everything that happened to coschristi and have said so previously. WAITING until kids are older to vaccinate puts them at risk longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Boom
Bust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
If your kid is vaccinated and you believe so strongly in the power of vaccinations, you would have nothing to fear from unvaccinated people.

Kinda basic.
We've been through this before on this very thread. Some of us care about others as well. You know, babies too young to be vaccinated and/or to have had all their vaccines, those whose immunity was blown away by chemo, those who have valid medical exemptions to vaccines, and those few for whom the vaccines don't work.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 08-05-2018 at 04:52 PM..

Old 08-05-2018, 04:47 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post

Kinda basic.

Woa woa woa. Wait. Believe in the power of vaccination? Is that like believing in the power of spirit healing or something? Do you know how vaccination works?

Old 08-05-2018, 05:01 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Woa woa woa. Wait. Believe in the power of vaccination? Is that like believing in the power of spirit healing or something? Do you know how vaccination works?
No, please tell us...lol. That tone is how we make sure people don't listen to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting