Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 03:59 PM

4,041 posts, read 4,962,533 times

Advertisements

Can your son petition the courts to have visitation stopped?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2019, 08:14 PM

6,868 posts, read 4,870,251 times
If you can't find a legal way to stop visits, do you think your son has the acting skills to tell his father that you are glad he's got him for the weekend or whatever because you have grown up things you are looking forward to doing without him? A trip with the BF or a getaway with girlfriends to a spa, whatever you think would sound plausible.

I am going on the assumption that if your ex thinks you want some kid free time that he will try to make it difficult for you.

Old 09-25-2019, 12:21 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
Can your son petition the courts to have visitation stopped?
The son is 9. Rare to have a 9 yr old petition the court.

Old 09-25-2019, 12:32 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
Op: Let's discuss your role. The way your post reads is rather odd. Constant use of The son, and The Father. As though you disassociate from both.
Abide by the court order for visitation .
This "child" ,your loving boy deserves parents who see him as a person not a "the son".
Income can be retrieved from state records. The courts have that access.
The "abuse" allegation is not based on county law. It's state and federal charged. I'm baffled why you would mislead readers with that statement that because he is in another county ...he isn't being investigated. Fwiw, I think you are concerned for "the son" and deserve to protect him. You have shared custody...start sharing your concerns thru the courts. Let him show his true colors.

Old 09-25-2019, 03:48 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
So no one has any suggestions on how to handle this issue with sons father and son not wanting to see his dad?
you may know more than anyone what options you have

but if im in your shoes...… and the kid is actually scared for visitation ……. I would tell sperm donor he is sick...has diarrhea for the next 5 visits....

have your son write down his feeling of seeing his dad on a piece of paper...give it to your lawyer....or social services...

I believe when he's 12 he gets to pick and choose … where he wants to stay ..

if the kid is scared....then id have a talk with the father yes I know a lot of crap in the past but demand a meeting at his place ….or outside the home...

if my kid is scared … if be in that persons face ....id be having my kid talk to my lawyer ....
lawyers ... if they see first hand the kid is scared .....and shaking ... will pull every string their is

a kid being scared is abuse...

Old 09-25-2019, 04:15 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
you should have taken your son to the er when the paintball incident happened that way the er dr could have filed a report against the father and you would have had reason to stop said visitation then . But since you did not you need to report every time he calls your side of the family bad words . Keep a journal this is important and note every time an incident happens then show it to whoever represents you in court or your attorney . This man (your ex ) sounds dangerous to your son .You need to see if you can get your son an attorney who represents just him and have him petition the court to stop visitation for your sons safety .I cant believe you have let this go on this long . You gotta get pro active for your sons sake if not for yours .

Old 09-25-2019, 07:06 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
So no one has any suggestions on how to handle this issue with sons father and son not wanting to see his dad?
How often is visitation?

Your son sleeping with a teenager may or may not be an issue. My daughter was supposed to have her own space when she visited her father. Speak to your attorney.

My daughter had pretty much stopped seeing her father when she was that old. He also didn't like driving an hour to meet me 1/2 way.

As for him signing his rights away, not many judges allow that and even if they do, they still make the non custodial parent pay child support.

Old 09-25-2019, 11:12 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,962,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Op: Let's discuss your role. The way your post reads is rather odd. Constant use of The son, and The Father. As though you disassociate from both.
Abide by the court order for visitation .
This "child" ,your loving boy deserves parents who see him as a person not a "the son".
Income can be retrieved from state records. The courts have that access.
The "abuse" allegation is not based on county law. It's state and federal charged. I'm baffled why you would mislead readers with that statement that because he is in another county ...he isn't being investigated. Fwiw, I think you are concerned for "the son" and deserve to protect him. You have shared custody...start sharing your concerns thru the courts. Let him show his true colors.
I think "county" was a typo. If you read her OP, it states her ex lives in another state.

Old 09-25-2019, 01:33 PM

7,355 posts, read 4,138,516 times
I don't know what to say but I am so sorry you and your son has to deal with this situation.

For the record, when my son played paintball, bruises were possible (which is why the courts wouldn't count them as abuse). However, my son's friends didn't target him. It must have been so scary for your son!

Hope your son as a positive male role model in your Dad or another adult.

Old 09-25-2019, 03:15 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,310,182 times
Document everything and check to see if you could go back and get full custody of your son. A lawyer could help you more then anyone on a message board. The dad sounds like he is verbally abusing your son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting