Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are floating bottles when warming frustrating?
Yes 0 0%
No 0 0%
Sometimes 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2021, 02:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,630 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone!

I'm a new dad, I've found warming baby bottles can be at times super frustrating that requires constant water level maintenance. Seems I'm always filling or emptying the warmer so the bottle doesn't float around since it has to be the same height as the bottle is filled, I'm sure bowls are the same? It's only gotten worse since sometimes I have to refill a partial bottle instead of a full bottle (thus dumping out more water more often).

Is anybody else frustrated by this when using a bottle warmer, bowl or pot? Just curious to see if anyone else has had the same thoughts?

I'd imagine this would be even more frustrating if my SO was producing more breastmilk that needs to be warmed from the fridge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2021, 12:36 PM

1,860 posts, read 1,244,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega6575 View Post
Hey everyone!

I'm a new dad, I've found warming baby bottles can be at times super frustrating that requires constant water level maintenance. Seems I'm always filling or emptying the warmer so the bottle doesn't float around since it has to be the same height as the bottle is filled, I'm sure bowls are the same? It's only gotten worse since sometimes I have to refill a partial bottle instead of a full bottle (thus dumping out more water more often).

Is anybody else frustrated by this when using a bottle warmer, bowl or pot? Just curious to see if anyone else has had the same thoughts?

I'd imagine this would be even more frustrating if my SO was producing more breastmilk that needs to be warmed from the fridge.
I voted, its sometimes frustrating when youre tired. Which you likely are. Otherwise its not really that much of an inconvenience.

Not to sound like a parenting know it all but why are you "refilling a partial bottle"? What does that mean? The baby finished and you are wanting to feed them more or you are adding more to a half empty bottle or you are re-heating a partial drank bottle?

Just a piece of friendly non judgy info (because sometimes people dont know) if you are heating premade non drunk bottle from the fridge you can use a bottle warmer. If the bottle is being made at the same time you are serving, its easier to use warm water to make the bottle rather than warm it after. And if you are adding to an already drank bottle, dont do that. If youre reheating an already drank bottle, dont do that.

Bacteria from the baby's saliva goes back into the nipple and begins to break down the milk i.e. digest it as soon as they start drinking it. When the baby doesnt finish a bottle, that bottle should be discarded and cleaned and new formula made if you are feeding more than an hour later, even if refrigerated. The bacteria can cause the milk to spoil or cause the baby to get sick and it happens quickly.

Pre made formula is good for 24 hours in the fridge but no more than an hour, maybe a little more, if baby's mouth has been on the nipple. Safest bet is to discard and start over.

When my babies were little we used frozen milk most of the time (breast) and i would just drop the little milk bag in there because they were supposed to be safe for heating.

Old 04-26-2021, 10:07 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
I didn’t own a bottle warmer. I used my electric kettle to fill up a thermal commuter cup a bit wider than the bottles. Bottles warmed through in less than a minute in the water bath.

When baby got older, we discovered she’d rather drink her milk cold.

Old 04-29-2021, 04:15 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,334,693 times
You think the bottle warmer is frustrating? Just wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting