Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2021, 07:17 PM

176 posts, read 134,295 times

Advertisements

Has anyone on this forum experienced pregnancy symptoms decreasing in early pregnancy (first trimester) and gone onto have a successful pregnancy? There are so many things related to pregnancy that when googled, can either be perfectly normal or tragic. An example is left side cramping could be normal stretching of the uterus OR a sign of an ectopic pregnancy. Not getting morning sickness in the first trimester could be perfectly normal OR a sign that progesterone levels are to low to maintain a healthy pregnancy. Light Spotting perfectly normal OR the beginning of a miscarriage. Google is not your friend when you are pregnant and scared of miscarrying.

With that said, I wanted to get some first hand experiences and opinions. I am currently 5 weeks pregnant and have been feeling off since I found out a week ago. I’ve had bouts of nausea, extreme fatigue and sore breast. I’ve also been peeing a lot more but, I think that’s more because I’ve been drinking more fluids and taking better care of myself than I usually would. These past 3 days I’ve been waking up feeling normal, no bouts of nausea or off feelings. The fatigue has stayed and my breast are still tender. My last pregnancy was a miscarriage and really don’t want to allow myself to get attached or go to that dark mental head space again. I never had morning sickness but did have heart burn and I remember that going away before miscarrying. In your experience should I be concerned or is it normal for symptoms to come and go and increase later? I am only 5 weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2021, 08:02 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,249,298 times
Only a medical professional can answer this question. We are no better than Google.

Old 07-24-2021, 11:54 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,012,788 times
If you only found out a week ago, did you recently have an HCG blood test? If you've already done 2 blood draws, you can always ask your doctor if you're considered high risk (due to previous miscarriage) and should get a 3rd to make sure the pregnancy is still progressing along.

I didn't have any symptoms until around 7/8 weeks, so I know how a lack of symptoms can be stressful. It's best to talk to your doctor though if you're having concerns. As you said in your post, the internet will often give you search results for worst case scenarios. Googling answers is only going to make you more anxious.

Old 07-26-2021, 01:40 PM

325 posts, read 207,513 times
Asking your doctor is best. Go in with a prepared list and don't let them rush you. This might inflame some, but my primary doctor was a mom, she took on a male partner towards end of first pregnancy and a female partner (with no kids) around my second pregnancy. Without a doubt, the doctor who had actually had kids was the best and I found NO DIFFERENCE in attitude or proficiency between the other two that had never carried a pregnancy.

My personal experience won't be much help as is I had Hyperemesis Gravidarum for nine months each time, Braxton Hicks with my third starting at three months and still went over due date by two weeks with the pregnancies (except the third, we took her a week early as we had seen the writing on the wall too many times).

Personal experiences with pregnancy are as varied and unique as snowflakes.

Old 07-26-2021, 03:53 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,803,251 times
Hopefully you have a doctor's appointment scheduled. if not, please do so - nothing you can read online is going to give you any real answers. But I will give you my experience anyway.

I had similar fears in my only pregnancy - I had some spotting at about eight weeks. My breasts no longer felt as sore. I was so worried I was miscarrying.

All was fine, and my son is off to college in September.

Old 07-26-2021, 05:06 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,196,880 times
It's normal for pregnancy symptoms to wax and wane. But unfortunately symptoms alone aren't a guarantee of anything.

If you are 5 weeks along, you should be able to go in for early ultrasound in another week, and hopefully that can give you some reassurance. If you've been doing blood work, you could also continue to check to see if your hormone levels are continuing to double at the appropriate rate.

But the reality is that there isn't a lot you can do one way or the other, and you have to just wait and see. I know that's hard to do after a previous loss, but people go on to have successful pregnancies after a loss all the time, and you should continue to assume that is the group you are in this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting