Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2021, 07:07 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,793,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
And why do you think that is? Why do the same people that tax us working folks to the teeth - so much so we can't afford children - and at the same time flood our nation with people, and tell us we need them? Huh? Think about it. They are replacing Americans with an entirely new group of non-Americans. It is entirely by design.

(Wasn't really even going to go there but again, someone moved this thread from the parenting forum, where I intended for it to be.)
And.....that should play into my decision to or not to have kids....how?

Look, if you're trying to make the point that the government needs to get out of our lives and stop taxing us to death, I'm 150% with you. I've always been a proponent of small government. But the government trying to replace us with illegals is not a good reason to have kids you feel you can't afford.

BTW, South Korea spent a lot of money giving away money for people to have kids. South Korea's birth rate now stands at a healthy 0.84 and declining.

Old 10-01-2021, 07:09 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm always so surprised at threads like this, where people are saying you shouldn't bring a baby into this world.

We've never had it so good, ever. Never in the history of mankind, has the world been a better place.

Fewer people starving, fewer people being shunned and hated, fewer people dying of disease, fewer people working themselves to the bone, literally, and overtaxing their physical strength just to survive. Fewer people illiterate, fewer people isolated, fewer people kept in the attic because the family is embarrassed about a handicap, etc.

We ain't never had it so good. Man, what a bunch of softies.
With climate change, there are more and more who are not having it so good. Ask those who are continually immigrating because they don't have food or water and are starving to death. I wouldn't want to bring a child into this world either and would certainly discourage it if I had children. Maybe in the U.S. some have it good. In many countries, not so much.

How does someone deciding not to bring a child into the world make them a softie? What does that even mean?

Old 10-01-2021, 07:20 PM

2,146 posts, read 3,062,186 times
Oh, great. This has been moved to P&OC. Let the measured debate begin.

Old 10-01-2021, 07:20 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,961,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber rain View Post
I think we are seeing this trend because we has a people have evolved. We can control our reproduction and wait until the time is optimal for starting a family. Along with this education and the empowerment of women. As women it no longer considered our primary objective nor is it an expectation to squat out babies as quickly as possible.

One thing my Father taught us all is to avoid needless debt and to have a solid life plan. Having kids before you have achieved your goals or have ensured financial stability is always a mistake.
It's really much easier to have kids when you are young. We had three by the time I was 30 and my wife was 28. The only things in life I planned was to graduate college which I did by living at home and working to pay for it myself, and always getting a job with a pension, just in case I lived to retirement age. Everything else was just working hard and getting by.

We started with nothing. We used our savings to pay for a wedding and the wedding gifts to buy three rooms of furniture. We were in an apartment for the first 11 years. My wife was a stay at home mom for 15 years until the youngest was 12.

I used credit cards to stay afloat and bought a house at the age of 38. I never worried about money. I told my wife we would be fine and she believed me. I didn't see financial daylight until my 50's. My wife retired at 57. I retired the following year at 62, with no debt, a paid off house, a pension and an IRA. I've been retired 13 years and The IRA has more in it today than when I retired. Money is easy. Having a spouse and kids is difficult. But at 75 I look back and can say that is what we were here for. Nothing else we did really had any lasting value.

Last edited by bobspez; 10-01-2021 at 07:30 PM..

Old 10-01-2021, 07:27 PM

25,756 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
I think this sort of thinking is....sick.
Bringing a new life into this ****show we have going on right now is sick. Irresponsible, thoughtless, cruel, and sick.

Bringing life into horrid situations is nothing new, though. Even slaves reproduced.

Old 10-01-2021, 07:36 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
I actually agree with him. I will not pass this on to my daughters as it’s up to them but we have far far too many people on this globe.

Old 10-01-2021, 07:42 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
I have none, but not because I don't want them.
Clearly you are taking out of both sides of your mouth. You want to push bearing children on your cousin’s kids when you didn’t even make that choice for yourself. You got a lot of nerve.

Old 10-01-2021, 07:50 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:

My cousin is smart - he is an eagle scout (back when becoming an Eagle scout was still a true task), he was valedictorian of his HS, and he got a full ride through college to study biology.

And he has told all four of his children not to have children of their own, and they have pretty much bought into his twisted rhetoric (only one of them, the girl, had a child).

How do you tell someone like this how poisonous this thinking is? The smartest, most productive people in society have bought into this de facto genocide they have had their minds infiltrated with, and we see the ramifications of that throughout society. It drives me mad.

We, humans, are the only species on earth that would tell our children not to reproduce. I think it is just so demonic and sad.
Why do you feel compelled to try to change your cousin’s thinking?

His 4 children will make up their own minds, in their own time.

Likely at least one will choose to ignore father’s words and who knows, maybe have 4 kids of his/ her own

Old 10-01-2021, 08:02 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Telling people not to have kids is excellent advice. The problem with society is there’s too many bad parents raising bad kids and not enough people using contraception. And then we wonder why every inner city is a war zone.

At the end of the day, society can’t afford the welfare it takes to raise kids from bad parents.

I don’t plan to have kids, unless, I can afford to give them the best private school education away from all the other horrible kids raised by horrible parents. I attended public school and wouldn’t wish that experience on my worst enemy.

Old 10-01-2021, 08:11 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,050,479 times
Quote:

My cousin is smart - he is an eagle scout (back when becoming an Eagle scout was still a true task), he was valedictorian of his HS, and he got a full ride through college to study biology.

And he has told all four of his children not to have children of their own, and they have pretty much bought into his twisted rhetoric (only one of them, the girl, had a child).

How do you tell someone like this how poisonous this thinking is? The smartest, most productive people in society have bought into this de facto genocide they have had their minds infiltrated with, and we see the ramifications of that throughout society. It drives me mad.

We, humans, are the only species on earth that would tell our children not to reproduce. I think it is just so demonic and sad.
Hmm. I find your post sick, poisonous and sad. Somewhat racist as well, which is backed up by your subsequent posts in this thread.

Demonic though? No, that is absurd. I am not a child who believes in demons, so I won't say your post is demonic. Silly though. It is silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting