Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 12:07 PM

697 posts, read 2,015,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Of course you do. Don't watch real-time tv. Record it and FF past the commercials.
Easy for you to say. I don't even have cable, and certainly nothing to record anything on.

Yep, network is all we have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
And in order to "cure" your vaginal dryness we want you to try this cream. But caution! This cream may cause warts,cancer. dry mouth and rectal leakage!! But dont worry! you wont have a dry vagina!
Geez, I almost laughed myself sick at this. IT IS SO TRUE ! ! !

Old 09-22-2008, 12:13 PM

Then there's this one: If you are suffering from anxiety, we have the drug for you ! ! Side effects can be paranoia, diarrhea, foaming at the mouth...

Sorry, but I think I'd rather be anxious..

Old 09-22-2008, 12:51 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Oh, I am so with you on this one. My girls are 9 and 6 and we rarely watch T.V. You can set the Parental Controls but the commercials will defeat this safeguard. I don't even watch the news anymore. Just check Yahoo news on my laptop every morning. Its really a sad state of affairs...
I forgot about the news - local news is horrible too. Anything having to do with sex is one of the top stories. Seriously, is a 6th grader exposing himself to another 6th grader something that needs to be broadcast to millions of people, or just something to be handled by his parents and his school? Just an example of something stupid in the news I've seen.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:53 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 925mine View Post
Then there's this one: If you are suffering from anxiety, we have the drug for you ! ! Side effects can be paranoia, diarrhea, foaming at the mouth...

Sorry, but I think I'd rather be anxious..
Sounds like the anti-depressant that "may cause suicidal thoughts".

Old 09-22-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
sounds like the anti-depressant that "may cause suicidal thoughts".
e x a c t l y ! !

Old 09-23-2008, 09:59 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,174,310 times
This reminds me of my mom. She got poison ivy, so they gave her steroids which gave her a bladder infection. Then she had a bad reaction to the bladder infection meds and almost had to be put in the hospital. The meds they gave her for that caused hives. She told me next time she would just as soon have poison ivy for a couple of weeks next time and use an OTC bath wash.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
This reminds me of my mom. She got poison ivy, so they gave her steroids which gave her a bladder infection. Then she had a bad reaction to the bladder infection meds and almost had to be put in the hospital. The meds they gave her for that caused hives. She told me next time she would just as soon have poison ivy for a couple of weeks next time and use an OTC bath wash.

Ahh yes, isn't modern medicine wonderful???

Old 09-26-2008, 08:09 PM

39 posts, read 176,276 times
Default Living without TV and much more

I'm so happy to find this topic.

My husband and I have not seen any TV for two years now. We were having some marital problems and TV was part of the problem. All that is on it now is as you said, selling sex, and it's mostly women dressed in very skimpy clothing.

We need to complain and give our thoughts on the subject to; department stores, markets and everywhere that desplays offensive pictures and materials. If know one ever complains and just keep letting things get worse and worse soon the peoples morals will just go rampid.

I complained to Paypal last week because they started to place womens pictures on the login page that I didn't like, this girl had nothing on her shoulders and displayed lots of clevage, this is a business place and think it was in very bad taste!!! Do I sound bitter? Yes, I am. We have to start speaking up.

Well talk to you more later,
Heavy winds

Old 09-28-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy winds View Post
I'm so happy to find this topic.

My husband and I have not seen any TV for two years now. We were having some marital problems and TV was part of the problem. All that is on it now is as you said, selling sex, and it's mostly women dressed in very skimpy clothing.

We need to complain and give our thoughts on the subject to; department stores, markets and everywhere that desplays offensive pictures and materials. If know one ever complains and just keep letting things get worse and worse soon the peoples morals will just go rampid.

I complained to Paypal last week because they started to place womens pictures on the login page that I didn't like, this girl had nothing on her shoulders and displayed lots of clevage, this is a business place and think it was in very bad taste!!! Do I sound bitter? Yes, I am. We have to start speaking up.

Well talk to you more later,
Heavy winds
I agree. I don't usually take things sitting down. I believe in starting at the top and not letting up until I know they understand my point.

My last stop was FAA and the network execs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting