Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2008, 07:08 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,771,079 times

Advertisements

We'll be at my in-laws for Christmas this year, and as it'll be a large group, we did kriskringle for presents (ie everyone draws a name out of a hat and only buys for that person, rather than everyone, thus keeping cost down and everyone still gets a present). My husband got his brother-in-law and I drew the BIL's 16 year old son; they both enjoy hunting and the Razorbacks (but dad already has season tickets, so that is out as a present idea)- the boy is very sporty and the father likes reading.
We thought it would be a nice idea to get them a present they can share and enjoy together, so I am looking for present ideas for a 16 year old boy and his 40 year old dad. There is no spending guideline, but we are thinking no more than 200 dollars for the two of them, 300 if we can find "the ideal thing".

Any suggestions, ideas, tips where to look? I was thinking maybe an "activity day" such as driving tanks or big game hunting or whatever, if such is available within a day's drive of NW Arkansas, but something they could build together or something else that leads to time together might be an idea too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 07:26 PM

107 posts, read 398,343 times
if your nephew is turning 17 soon, they could take pilot lessons....that's about 150 each....they are called discovery flights....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting