Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 07:53 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times

Advertisements

Yes, I SAID IT! People...why ohh why would you tell your children, whom you claim you love, an outright lie like that? Honestly, why?

You know that Santa Claus does not exist and that it is YOU yourself who leaves the presents under the tree, YOU who eats the stupid cookies, and that there is, beyond any doubt what so ever, no jolly-fat-man who flies down from the North Pole. So why lie? Don't you feel in the least bit guilty?

To make matters worse, the same parents who say "Santa is coming!" are the very same parents who tell their children, TIME AND TIME AGAIN, that there are no monsters in their room when they turn the lights off.

WTF! Ever hear of Shadow Beings? Shadow people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Highly unlikely, yes...but still, there is a possibilty of there actually being some demonic and/or interdimensional bad guy in junior's room, but there is no chance that Santa is real, because you yourself are Santa Claus. But, what do the parents say to their kids? That the monster in the closet, despite actually there being some possibility of existing, is false, but Santa, which we know is not real, is indeed coming to town. Why?

Want to make your kids happy? Tell them that YOU got them the damn presents, and not some supernatural stranger. And please don't feed me that "you don't have kids so you can't understand" rubbish, because I was a kid and was lied to for years too...and what did my parents tell me was their reasoning?...because they "loved me"

Anyway, I let me nephews know that Santa was fake from day one, and my sister agreed...but, when my one nephew told me that there was a monster in his room when we lived in the same house, I didn't deny what he said, I just let him sleep for one night in my room and the next day I got a small metal mallet, put a blow torch to it along with a couple of old silver dinner forks and knives and, after a few hours and almost burning myself, I had it covered in silver (didn't look pretty, but it did the trick). I gave it to him, told him, honestly, that most folklore says monsters can be harmed by siver and told him that if he ever saw any monsters that he only had to give them a what-for with the hammer and PRESTO! He slept with that hammer until he was about ten-ish and the kid was empowered...
Unlike the parental Santa LIE, which makes kids feel like they've been had, I told him a myth and never actually said one way or the other if monsters were true or not, and he felt empowered.

Want to tell your kids something about Christmas, if you celebrate it? Why not tell them about a fellow named JESUS CHRIST and not some BS about a jolly fat man. Granted, I know Christ was not born on December 25th, but it is as good a time as any to tell your kids, if you're Christian, about him and not some stupid dork at the shopping mall.

Choose myth over lies, and your kids will thank you for it later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 07:55 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
Go away...seriously...something is wrong with you...

Old 12-03-2008, 07:59 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Go away...seriously...something is wrong with you...
Yes...saying Christmas should be about Jesus Christ and not some commercial fat-man in a suit is something seriously wrong...

Old 12-03-2008, 08:02 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,224,463 times
I think there is a way to make the day about both....Jesus and Santa!

Old 12-03-2008, 08:09 PM

13 posts, read 40,220 times
I for one enjoyed the magic of christmas, santa, midnight mass or church, the easter bunny and the tooth fairy. My daughter's face already lights up when she sees christmas decorations with santa. I am grateful I was fortunate enough to believe in the magic of christmas while I was young enough to do so, I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. My husband on the other hand was the last one in his class to realize that mom and dad were really santa and that was slightly embarrassing, however I believe you should give your kids the santa talk at the appropriate age.
And my daughters will be given a "special" spray bottle with some lavender, sandlewood oil and water to vanish any monsters from the bedroom. To each his own, luckily mom or dad didn't get nailed with the hammer checking on your nephew during the night.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:12 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Remind me to hide my heirloom sterling silver. Geez. Melting silver over a mallet??? Shadow people? (Weird thing - after reading that article, I swear my head spun around - really - 360 degrees!!!! And then I threw up and heard bells . . . )

But back to Santa, et al. What about kids "hearing" the reindeer on the rooftop? That is just plain ole FUN!!! I do not think it has seriously traumatized kids to find out Santa was just like the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy . . . just a nice little story to add some excitement to the season.

Ohhhh . .. the image of that mallet has my head spinning, literally. Round and round . . .

Old 12-03-2008, 08:18 PM

Let me guess...since you are so DEEPLY rooted in reality with your "shadow people", do you let your children watch executions, rapes, murders...or do you let them have childlike fantasies?...reality hits them square in the face soon enough...let kids be kids...

Old 12-03-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Remind me to hide my heirloom sterling silver. Geez. Melting silver over a mallet??? Shadow people? (Weird thing - after reading that article, I swear my head spun around - really - 360 degrees!!!! And then I threw up and heard bells . . . )

But back to Santa, et al. What about kids "hearing" the reindeer on the rooftop? That is just plain ole FUN!!! I do not think it has seriously traumatized kids to find out Santa was just like the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy . . . just a nice little story to add some excitement to the season.

Ohhhh . .. the image of that mallet has my head spinning, literally. Round and round . . .
Perhaps Victorianpunk is actually an Irish grifter and this is the reason for her "melding" talents...definitely hide the heirlooms!!

Perhaps the milliner made her aluminum hat too small

Old 12-03-2008, 08:23 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Perhaps Victorianpunk is actually an Irish grifter and this is the reason for her "melding" talents...definitely hide the heirlooms!!

Perhaps the milliner made her aluminum hat too small
Or perhaps we just need our meds.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Or perhaps we just need our meds.
Haldol is nice this time of year for the delusional folks...I wonder if that comes in an IV??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting