Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 05:35 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,788 times

Advertisements

Growing up I distinctly remember that every Christmas eve cleaning my bedroom like wild. My mom told me that Santa inspects bedrooms. "We wouldn't want Santa to think that we have a dirty house now?" She'd say. Even though I caught on in later years, it had become a tradition to really clean your bedroom spotless.

With that said, one day a few years ago I heard myself tell my kids that Santa inspects bedrooms. Well it worked like a charm! Spit-spot clean! This year we had to start a day early since the bedrooms were in such disarray!

Has anyone ever heard of doing this to get kids to clean their rooms? Hey, might work for the easter bunny and tooth fairy (aka the Molenator!) If you've watched Santa Clause with Tim Allen you'll know what I'm talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 06:22 PM

850 posts, read 3,158,129 times
Never heard of it - but what a wonderful way to make sure the house is nice for Christmas!
Sounds like a tradition I will have to start!

Merry Christmas!

P.S. I was just thinking of all the cleaning
I have to do before 1:00pm tomorrow - ughhh..maybe Santa will be extra nice to me?

kimmiey

Old 12-23-2008, 06:55 PM
c99

237 posts, read 1,042,414 times
I love that idea! It's simply brilliant. This is the first I heard of it.

Thanks for sharing.

Happy holidays.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:04 PM

1,354 posts, read 6,376,211 times
Yep, I cleaned my room in a flash when my mom said that. I do the same with my two. I tell them, Santa knows when you are naughty or nice. Give it a year or too until they find out the real deal, lol.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:05 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,861,660 times
Oh yes I use it. Have for years. I've told my kids that if they don't keep things clean and picked up he will see all of their stuff and leave nothing. I've told them they have MORE than enough for many kids and have been very fortunate and they should take care of their things. If Santa sees they can't take care of their things then he will give it to someone else that will. I also make them clean out closets this time of year to give away those to people that need them and the same w/ their toys they don't use anymore.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:53 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,347,957 times
I've never heard of this either.

They're not in bad shape now, but maybe I'll start using this line now in anticipation of the messy rooms to come down the line sometime later.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:53 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,788 times
If you could have seen my nine year old daughter's room, wow! We finally found the floor underneath all the clean clothes and toys! Memories of my sister's room and dirty clothes shoved under her bed. Oh, and my five year old son's room. It looked like it had been attacked by a bunch of monkeys! I really don't know how he gets things on the ceiling, or on the upper portion of the wall, but he does.

Old 12-24-2008, 05:54 AM

403 posts, read 1,563,345 times
This is great! And yes, I have used this with my kids. I told them that Santa comes in an checks on him and one year he tripped on some things and it made the delivery of the rest of his presents take longer......

Old 12-24-2008, 11:55 AM

546 posts, read 1,678,456 times
Man if only I had heard about this years ago! I cant start it up with my 6 yr old because he would wonder why it was never needed beforehand

This is a great idea!

Old 12-24-2008, 12:40 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,539,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaven View Post
Man if only I had heard about this years ago! I cant start it up with my 6 yr old because he would wonder why it was never needed beforehand

This is a great idea!
This is where you make up a story that Santa gives him a break because he's so young, but now that he's started school, he needs to take on more responsibilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting