Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2009, 12:23 PM

180 posts, read 621,516 times

Advertisements

I know this sounds kinda funny at first glance and I admit it at times has its moments but I dont know what to do here.
We are potty training my 2yo daughter. I admit my husband has a little more patience than I do so he is much more active in this than me. Like all men he pee's standing up and my daughter has seen him do this. No big deal right? Well she is trying to do it and pissing all over her pants and the floor. After a week I finally got her to sit down but I noticed when she takes herself to the potty she is doing it.
There are other things to like hitting. Earlier she smacked her younger brother and when I asked why she said " because bubby grabbed my nuts". Of course I couldnt help but laugh because she doesnt have nuts lol. She has two brothers one older and one younger and she mothers both of them. She also is a big Daddy's girl. I dont know if she needs more time one on one with me or if I need to seperate her from the little boys for a while.
I was a big tomboy when I was little and my mother claims she never had this problem with me. Any idea's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 03:48 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,981,791 times
In our family, we have only one human male, my DH. We had to start having him close the door when he relieved himself because our daughter, then 2, really thought she should be peeing standing up. Just like your daughter, she tried several times, including outside. Once she stopped seeing him and only saw me, she stopped the stand up thing. It was pretty funny (albeit messy) when it was happening. At 6, she's definintely a sitter!

Old 02-25-2009, 06:50 AM

1,429 posts, read 4,281,956 times
I was a stander. I have an older brother and couldn't understand why if he could do it why I couldn't. She just hasn't gotten to the point where she understand males and females are made different. She doesn't see a difference in the sexes. I got over not being able to stand and pee, she will too. Start making her help clean up when she makes a mess..... eventually she will sit if for no other reason than to not have to clean up afterwards.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:53 AM

1,312 posts, read 4,775,075 times
My daughter wanted to try this too, but she seems to get the difference, and her lack of the male equipment, lol! I also started making my husband close the door, but her brother still lets her in...they're only 17 months apart anyway. Now she tells him why she can't stand...pretty funny to overhear!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting