Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 04:07 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times

Advertisements

Kids in the fifties never had movies and TV shows on how to have sex in every position and in every room at home and everywhere else.

Society signalizes teens then is shocked when they all have early sex and pregnancies. Duh how stupid can it get.

It's like hiring a fox to guard the hen house and wondering why all the hens have disappeared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 04:13 PM

901 posts, read 2,988,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
So your mother didn't do it all by herself. Those few close family members are the other half of your parenting. I'm assuming there was a male member in there somewhere.
Exactly my point. An unmarried mother does not have to do it all alone. Hopefully, she has other family members that she can count on to be there for her.

I'm a woman and I was brought up by all women. I rarely saw my father. He's a jerk and I'm not sorry that he was not around.

Old 03-20-2009, 04:32 PM

266 posts, read 867,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
So many girls and women have babies because they 'want one'. Babies are not puppies.
Sometimes i do think that girls/women are replacing their accessory toy dog for a baby. BLECH! Obviously, neither one is a toy!

Old 03-20-2009, 04:48 PM

177 posts, read 706,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight61108 View Post
Sometimes i do think that girls/women are replacing their accessory toy dog for a baby. BLECH! Obviously, neither one is a toy!
They want kids to trap a man. In my opinion, a man must want to be the father to take care of her things. But I'm also a firm believer that nobody should have children at all, ever.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:03 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Nothing is stopping us from "actually getting married." And you can call it whatever you want, but after living together for 3 years -- I don't really feel like it is the "thrill of shacking up" anymore.

We are getting married -- just don't know when yet. We aren't religious, so we don't have any need to seek God or anyone else's approval. Maybe that is the difference between me and some of the posters on here. I feel like a lot of you that are on the attack about this must have strong religious beliefs -- and there is nothing wrong with that. But for the record, following a religion does not = moral.

Last two things I am going to say about this: 1) I don't need to justify my relationship to strangers on the internet! I am a grown woman I like our relationship the way it is, it is great and the envy of many of our married friends. Our situation suits us and is much better than a 22 year old getting married JUST so they can finally have sex and make babies!!

And once again, our situation is not the same as a teenager's or as someone who gets pregnant through a one night stand!

Have a great weekend!!
I'm an atheist and don't understand why you would chose to bring a bastard child into this world? Why not get married? Is it going to cost more money to have a wedding than a baby? Do you see the wedding as a grand event that takes time to plan and must be perfect? You can have a civil service at the court house for under $100.00.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:26 PM

1,627 posts, read 6,505,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Another part of the problem is the parents of these kids do not really have morals themselves. Many people in their 30's and 40's even have gotten the clue that sex is "cool" and that unconvential families are the new trend.
No. Many women in their 30s and 40s have chosen not to settle for some man they don't love just so they can have a baby in wedlock. Many women in their 30s and 40s have divorced husbands who were cheating or abusive, and understand their time to conceive is limited. I think this is 100% FINE.

I don't think many women in their 30s/40s are having "oops" babies. Nor are they thinking this is the best way to do it--I'm sure they had planned on having a man in their life, but they don't.

More power to them.

BTW, so are you also opposed to single women in their 30s/40s adopting children?

I'd much rather see a WANTED baby to an unwed mother in her 30s/40s, who most likely is financially and emotionally stable, than to some girl in her early 20s who got married to the wrong guy too soon (but for the purposes of statistics did it the "right way" because she's married).

Morality has nothing to do with whether one is in a legal marriage.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:29 PM

326 posts, read 429,951 times
Aren't we glad we didn't have a VP who is a grandmother of a bastard child? Now, that would really set a very bad example...

Old 03-20-2009, 06:04 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seren77 View Post
Aren't we glad we didn't have a VP who is a grandmother of a bastard child? Now, that would really set a very bad example...
You betcha!

Old 03-20-2009, 06:14 PM

2,839 posts, read 9,984,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerman View Post
They want kids to trap a man. In my opinion, a man must want to be the father to take care of her things. But I'm also a firm believer that nobody should have children at all, ever.
Now that you've been born, all reproduction should cease, huh?

Old 03-20-2009, 06:16 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seren77 View Post
I think Bristol being in the news already DID set a bad example. It would be worse if Sarah did end up becoming VP but it certainly did its damage anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting