Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 10:12 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,700,589 times

Advertisements

I almost did.

Ever find yourself at the last minute suddenly remembering and find yourself rushing around trying to get ready?

lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 10:59 AM

1,429 posts, read 4,283,569 times
With a teenager, that doesn't happen.... he makes sure I know. I keep a calandar on the fridge.... it has saved my hide many-a-day. My DH programs the school calandar into his phone... he gets an alert the day before a half day and when report cards go home.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:15 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,648,468 times
I am lucky - my kids school does not do half days! Either they are there a full day, or off the whole day! Now, though, with one in elementary and one in middle school, they each have different conference days. So, there are times that one has school and the other doesn't! Yesterday my daughter had no school due to conferences, but my son had school. He also had an after school dance. The dance ended at 5:00 and dd's conference was at 5:15 - - on the other side of town!!

I live in one of those strange areas that the elementary school is 30 minutes from my house, and the middle school is 25 minutes from my house - - - both in opposite directions from each other, too!

Never knew a Nissan Maxima could go that fast!!

Old 03-20-2009, 11:43 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
not yet, but I did leave my kid at VBS for a half hour too long accidentally once.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:59 AM

1,429 posts, read 4,283,569 times
Once, I got a phone call from Son... momma come get me. I was like okay.... It'll take me about 30 minutes to get to Oma's. He said no momma.... Oma forgot to get me, I'm still at school. He was in 5th grade and was going to spend the weekend with my momma who was going to pick him up from afterschool, and she forgot. We still rag her a little about it, but it is just one of those things.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:22 PM

1,156 posts, read 3,751,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinmomma View Post
Once, I got a phone call from Son... momma come get me. I was like okay.... It'll take me about 30 minutes to get to Oma's. He said no momma.... Oma forgot to get me, I'm still at school. He was in 5th grade and was going to spend the weekend with my momma who was going to pick him up from afterschool, and she forgot. We still rag her a little about it, but it is just one of those things.
Awwww... that's so sad.

Its amazing I haven't blown my kids off yet for a pickup somewhere. Knock on wood....

Old 03-20-2009, 02:34 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,905,303 times
LOL last day of school before Christmas break my kids walked in the door from the bus 2 hours before I was expecting them.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:15 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,069,875 times
Usually in April our kids get to take off "Snow Fridays" at our school. So every Friday except the last Friday of the year they are out. OMG I hate three day weekends. This year we missed a year of school due to the Ice Storm so I am hoping they won't have as many days.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:46 PM

45 posts, read 35,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okpondlady View Post
Usually in April our kids get to take off "Snow Fridays" at our school. So every Friday except the last Friday of the year they are out. OMG I hate three day weekends. This year we missed a year of school due to the Ice Storm so I am hoping they won't have as many days.
Your kids are lucky. I am still in school, so this is quite awkward, but, school was called off 5 times this year due to either extremely frigid temperatures, or snow. We have to make all of them up, as well.

As for half days, we get them about once or twice every couple of weeks.
It's not much of a hassle for me, though, because I live not even a block from my school.

Old 03-21-2009, 03:35 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,902,361 times
I once dropped my son off at school and somehow forgot that it was a teacher training day..no school. I got back home and the secretary called for me to come back and get him..(thankfully we live less than a mile from school, so it wasn't but 10 minutes he was there...). I got the dunce cap that day...

I've tried to drop him off on snow days, too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting