Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2009, 06:42 PM

266 posts, read 867,041 times

Advertisements

I am just curious. How much do/did you feed your infant when they were 11 months old. This including formula/breast milk and baby food/finger foods.

Thanks everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 07:05 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,229,602 times
I was breastfeeding 4x a day (7am, 11am, 3pm and 7pm ISH) and three meals a day which included breakfast (a whole grain and fruit) lunch (whole grain/pasta/lentil, veggie and sometimes yogurt) and dinner (beans/lentils/chicken, veggies and a grain). If she was hungry in between she would eat an Earth's Best cereal bar or some fruit with me.

All kids are different. I do believe a healthy habit to install would be to allow your baby/toddler to eat a small/moderate amount every 3 hours either from finger/soft foods or breast/formula milk. . . Same advice they give to adults.

Check out this WHOLE site. This is the exact link to how much a baby should eat, but the rest of the site is great. I offer this link whenever I get the chance

How Much Baby Food Should My Baby Be Eating? | Is my baby eating enough food? Quantity of Baby Food Formula Milk that Your Baby Should Be Eating

Old 05-11-2009, 08:53 AM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,618 times
11 year olds will eat anything. Just buy the cheapest rice patty meal or what have you at Aldi's and you are set for a month. I fed my two sons around 6 ounces a day. Now granted they were malnourished for a while but each month I upped the amount they got and the only downside is the cost.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:15 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,513,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight61108 View Post
I am just curious. How much do/did you feed your infant when they were 11 months old. This including formula/breast milk and baby food/finger foods.

Thanks everyone.
Every child is different. I would say that talking about this with your pediatrican who knows the health & circumstances of your child makes the most sense.

For most, 2 tblsps of simple pureed nonsugary foods...peas, green beans, sweet potatoes, potatoes, peaches, bananas, rice cereal, yogurts...the list can go on.

Liquid can be anywhere b/w 24-32ozs.

Again, this is dependant on the actual child.

For both of mine, they were eating tablefood...what the adults ate...just mashed up & in age appropriate portions. We don't eat much fried, heavy creams/dressings, or spices.

Snack in the am & after naps.

I'm not a short order cook & make one meal. What you see is what you get. Rarely have problems.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:46 AM

458 posts, read 1,671,053 times
I fed my babies as much as they wanted. They always let me know when they were hungry, and I let them eat as much as they liked as long as it was healthy.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:47 AM

1,636 posts, read 4,229,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
11 year olds will eat anything. Just buy the cheapest rice patty meal or what have you at Aldi's and you are set for a month. I fed my two sons around 6 ounces a day. Now granted they were malnourished for a while but each month I upped the amount they got and the only downside is the cost.

I've read some of your posts. You are really funny

Old 05-11-2009, 10:13 AM

2,839 posts, read 9,984,553 times
By 11 months, my babies weren't eating baby food anymore, but table food. (In addition to formula/breastmilk.) Small pieces of chicken, grilled cheese sandwiches cut into small pieces, hard boiled egg yolks, soft fruits and veggies, cottage cheese, avocado, crackers, potatoes, whatever we were having that was not a choking hazard or too hard or stringy for them. My son was on three meals per day plus snacks and bottles, while my daughter was still on mostly breastmilk with a few small meals/snacks scattered throughout the day. Both eat normally (three meals plus two or three snacks daily) now, in case you're wondering.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:38 PM

1,224 posts, read 3,374,883 times
My oldest did not eat very well, still does not (5 and some months now) to busy playing. The youngest was an eater from day one, seriously he is 11 months and constantly is either nursing or eating. I feed him what we eat, only more ground up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting