Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 10:49 PM

1,122 posts, read 2,317,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1phwalls View Post
Um, the child is the victim in a pedophile case. And again, it is not the child (victims) fault. If what you are saying is that it's the parents fault, I guess they could have made different choices, but the parents are not the victim. So the point you thought you were making isn't even accurate.
WHAT!? I am confused by this. This does not make sense. I do not think it is the child's fault. I did not say the parents are the victim. It can sometimes be the parents fault for not teaching their children the skills they need to avoid and evade these situations OR it could be the parents fault for leaving their children in situations where their vulnerability could be taken advantage of. An example, 5 nearly raped by maternal grandfather. There is a gap where the grandfather is absent from the family going ons but gradually it gets to the point where he is increasinly so and the mother tells her daughter to hug, kiss, and sit on this mans lap because he will not be around for long and she would feel guilty about it later. Years later, an aunt tells her that she watched as that mother took her daughter from her fathers lap at age two when she caught him molesting her under the table. She never protected her from him. The mother tells friends crying on their shoulders about it while daughter stands up on her own two feet and moves forward with life. The mother was not the victim. She was an enabler, an abuser, neglectful, and a indirect participant

There are a lot of parents who have done this and this gives children a very confusing message about how to deal with situations like these. That makes them more vulnerable to predators and are picked out by them. It could be a parent who beats their child and tells them to not tell anyone, a parent who lives a very risky lifestyle, a parent who is generally negectful or gives their children way too much unattended freedom with people they do not know. Parents can make their children more vulnerable simply by never telling their children that there are people out there like this and how to avoid them. They can also make them vulnerable by choosing to be in a relationship with someone they know has a shaky history regarding certain topics.

The point I was making was that there are ways to make your children less likely to be choosen as a victim. Telling them to dress down or to shame their beauty is not the way to do it. Teaching them to have strong personalities, to be leaders instead of followers and how to avoid and evade situations like this is a much better tool than making your children less beautiful.

I am thankful that this is a spoof, yet I would not be surprised if something like that came out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 10:53 PM

1,122 posts, read 2,317,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
I AM HORRIFIED AT YOUR COMMENT, "let's put the blame on parents and their children for MAKING THE PEDOPHILES THE WAY THEY ARE"!!!!!!!!!!!

Pedophiles are sexually disturbed, perverted individuals, who have no control of their sexual urges toward innocent-little children, and cannot be rehabilitated.
I agree. It is described like this. Take a newly recovering alcoholic and place them in an empty room with nothing but a glass of their favorite drink and leave them there. Then take a 25 year "rehabilitated" child molestor in a room alone with a child with their least liked traits in a room with them. Quess which one would have an easier time telling no to, the drink would be going flat while the child is crying. Why is that an alcholic can never be recovered by pedophiles can have that fancy word "rehabilited" with a little color next to their name stating their level of danger of reoffending while alcoholics will always be suspect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting