Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 10:10 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times

Advertisements

there are a couple threads in the politics and controversies forum. I hope they proceed with charges. They really ate up a lot of resources for nothing. I just can't believe people behave like this! I don't know if they should take the kids away. Can a judge put conditions on them keeping the kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 11:13 PM

244 posts, read 1,227,709 times
I watched the news for the full 2+hrs that it was on and scared for the little boy was that was "missing." I was heartbroken for the family and couldn't wait for the happy ending. THEN, I heard the family had been on Wife Swap and they showed a pic of the family. I TOTALLY watched that one and remembered what jerk the dad was and how he yelled at his kids and MADE them storm chase with him. He was building a smaller version of the balloon on the show and made the remark like some day he'd be famous or something like that. As soon as I saw the pic of them, I KNEW THE WHOLE THING WAS A HOAX!!!!! I am so upset that he treats his family the way he does and now he's putting them thru this whole thing again. He already had his 15 min of fame on WifeSwap and then again when his balloon floated away. Enough already!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-20-2009, 09:03 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,377,628 times
This topic is covered under great debates as well. Basically my take on it was that the parents have really done a number on their kids. First we have parents apparently teaching their kids to lie and deceive. Now all three kids are probably getting teased unmercifully at school. Worst of all, the child who told will probably feel guilty and blame himself for whatever ends up happening to the parents (jail, losing custody or fine).

Old 10-20-2009, 09:29 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
I just think that this family just wanted to jump on the reality tv show bandwagon and they are sad . Im glad someone is going to finally get theirs for duping ppl like this .I dont like that dad at all he was trying to cover from the minute they were on tv . I dislike the parents very much /

Old 10-20-2009, 10:23 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,553,586 times
I agree...I think they are awful parents for doing this to their young kids. I think along with the charges/fines,,,they need to do some kind of intense counseling. Or maybe some parenting classes. WTF is wrong with that mother?

Old 10-20-2009, 11:18 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,490,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
I agree...I think they are awful parents for doing this to their young kids. I think along with the charges/fines,,,they need to do some kind of intense counseling. Or maybe some parenting classes. WTF is wrong with that mother?
Here's a link>>>

Balloon Boy Mom Mayumi Heene: Co-Conspirator or Abused Wife? - ABC News

Most of the FYI was provided by a former business partner of the father's and the woman seems to be supportive of the mother. Could the mother's attorney have anything to do with this article--I don't know.

I don't think counseling will help this couple.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:20 PM

321 posts, read 853,919 times
I'm not sure that this fits into the category of reality tv because reality tv like Survivor, the Bachelor etc, follow set guidelines. This falls more into the category of someone following a bizarre incident on a camcorder or a cell phone. I don't think he has yet signed a contract for a reality tv so hopefully the will put him in the nut house instead. I read somewhere on the Internet that they have cancelled his Wife Swap episode. Talk about an egomaniac

Old 10-22-2009, 08:01 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,490,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bansidhbabe View Post
I'm not sure that this fits into the category of reality tv because reality tv like Survivor, the Bachelor etc, follow set guidelines. This falls more into the category of someone following a bizarre incident on a camcorder or a cell phone. I don't think he has yet signed a contract for a reality tv so hopefully the will put him in the nut house instead. I read somewhere on the Internet that they have cancelled his Wife Swap episode. Talk about an egomaniac
Apparently those who screen applicants for Wife Swap 'overlooked' some major pieces of FYI.

I think legal action against the producers of this insult to the public is appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting