Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 01:37 PM

30 posts, read 83,308 times

Advertisements

Okay we all know that kids are cute and very cleaver with thier words.

What is the funniest things that your kids have said or did that you still get a kick out of?

When I start to get frustrated my daugher will say... "Mommy you should lay down and take a nap"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 01:52 PM

128 posts, read 355,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyonboard View Post

What is the funniest things that your kids have said or did that you still get a kick out of?

When I start to get frustrated my daugher will say... "Mommy you should lay down and take a nap"

my son's not doing a lot of talking yet, but i think its hilarious when i'm scolding him for doing something, voice a little elevated...he looks at me with the most serious face and points and yells back at me. HA! okay, so i know it shouldn't be funny, but i can't help myself. he's so freakin cute!!!

Old 09-05-2008, 02:02 PM

904 posts, read 2,873,336 times
When my son was in preschool the kids were asked what their Mommy or Daddy did for a living. My son said, "my Daddy drinks beer and my Mommy drinks wine when she cooks."
It was a good thing the teachers both knew me very well.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:12 PM

542 posts, read 1,684,650 times
Recently we were out to dinner with my sister and her bf and my fiancee and two kids. My 6yr old son started singing the Alvin & the Chipmonk version of "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me" and added some of his own words. His big sis tried to correct him telling him those weren't the right words and he replied...

"I know! Its a remix!"

Old 09-05-2008, 02:58 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,950,197 times
This is so funny because my daughter was at work with me today. My boss always has the office decorated so she was taking down the red, white and blue stuff and putting up autumn colors. My daughter said "You do that well, my Mom should give you 50 bucks to do my next birthday party."

Old 09-05-2008, 06:47 PM

1,047 posts, read 3,989,168 times
last week when "encouraging" my 8 year old son to practice his piano,he said,"Mom,why did you sign me up for piano? I don't think you're concerned with my happiness!"

Old 09-05-2008, 06:59 PM

288 posts, read 656,196 times
My kids are 14 and 12, but when they were about 5 and 3, we were having family pictures made and the photographer was really trying to be patient with us...but I could tell he was a little frustrated because my kids were just hyper for some reason. So when we get to the shot of just the kids...

The photographer is trying to pose the kids and my son, the 5 yr old will not cooperate. I tell my son to stop acting like that and he says in a voice that could have been heard around the world, "I'm trying but his (the photographer) breath stinks! Did you brush your teeth today?" The photographer's face was beet red!

I could have died....I told the photographer get whatever shot he could get and we would be on our way!

Leave it to kids to be brutally honest and say what is on their minds!!!

Old 09-06-2008, 09:12 AM

267 posts, read 898,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyonboard View Post

When my 3 year old daughter gets in trouble, she'll go up to her room for a little while (all by herself) to calm down. Then, she usually makes it halfway down the stairs calm, and then bursts into tears, crying "Mama, I don't want to be naughty anymore!!" It just means that she doesn't want to have to stay in her room, but it is so cute to hear her say it. I tell her I don't want her to be naughty either, and then she'll come give me a big hug and tell me thank you

Old 09-08-2008, 05:28 PM

79 posts, read 231,167 times
My grandson and his mom were visiting earlier this year and I shared all my pillows when we went to bed.

My daughter got her new Tempur-Pedic curved neck/back support pillow; I had my new much-too-thick standard Tempur-Pedic pillow; my son had either a rolled towel or one of my polyester pillows, he never cares; and the little guy got the buckwheat pillow.

Middle of the night, in the dark, we hear little guy say quietly "my pillow's noisy."

And he got up to go trade with someone.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:50 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,153,217 times
I was visiting grandma in NC. When she opened the door of her truck it swung open and hit my son (3 at the time) in the head. Not hard but enough to get his attention. He said "Geez I didn't see that comming!" ha ha we had a good laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting