Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 12:19 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,886,811 times

Advertisements

If this is for real................. what a MORON of a manager.

Baby Booted from Burger King Over Bare Feet | HULIQ

I mean come on............... how many 6 month old babies even keep shoes much less socks on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 01:10 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,948,082 times
looks like a Misery under educated idiot in charge of BK.. clearly he lacked common sense ..

Old 08-07-2009, 02:00 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,515,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post

I mean come on............... how many 6 month old babies even keep shoes much less socks on.
The manager did say that they could place an order but they could not eat in the restaurant.

Yeah, it does seem a little silly, but I was one of those parents made sure my children had on at least socks at that age when we went to public places. It's basic respect for others as well as hygiene for your child. I've seen parents let their children run around in only a diaper at the playground, so these days, guess anything goes...

I'm more grossed out by people who should not be wearing cutoff shirts and shorts in public places are wearing just that....

So far, no lawsuit pending. But, once the parents are on the Today Show or Larry King....

Old 08-07-2009, 02:26 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,229,931 times
Oh please. People are sooo uptight.

It was a BABY who couldn't even touch his bare feet to the ground so how does that cause a health risk???????

Is there a disease that can be spread by your feet when the air touches them?

I would have stayed. I would have acted as if I hadn't heard him and finished my meal.

By the time the police came (I'm sure they would have taken the long route) I would have finished my meal.

I can't see being arrested for such things.

I just viewed this video.

The mom put socks on the baby and it wasn't enough?

http://barrydadof3.xanga.com/7091234.../?ref=mostrecd

Old 08-07-2009, 02:45 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,886,811 times
Some babies are too small for the "shoes" that are on the market. And why spend a bunch of money on shoes for a baby that they won't even wear in the first place????? Now, I did dress my girls completely from head to toe when they were babies and that included shoes. But in the summer when they were both around 6 months old most of the time they were barefooted. Heck, it's a 100 degrees outside, I'm not putting socks on myself and I'm sure not going to put them on my babies feet. Too stinkin hot.

That manager was just on a power trip and a complete IDIOT! I'm guessing he has never dealt w/ a baby that no matter what shoes or socks you put on a baby they kept taking them off and you would lose one or both of them. After awhile you just stop putting them on them and let their toes breathe.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:35 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,769,430 times
If the complaint was from a snooty restaurant, it wouldn't be much of a surprise given the anti-child attitude that emanates from those places. It would still be uncalled for, of course.

But Burger King? They cater to trash!

(I am not saying the mother was trash, but that complaining about a baby not wearing shoes just makes no sense when they should be happy if their adult customers can keep their pants from dragging on the floor)

Old 08-07-2009, 07:38 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,868,328 times
Babies do like to put their feet in their mouth though. Maybe the feet were covered with dried/caked remnants of the baby's previous bottle/meal??? But, if that was the case, i would've just asked the family to clean it up, rather than toss them out.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:39 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,927,780 times
That's so silly. I don't even own shoes for my baby yet, and she rarely wears socks, especially if we're out, b/c it is HOT! I actually think it looks silly when people put shoes on babies who aren't even walking yet. What's the point of that?

Old 08-08-2009, 11:54 AM

751 posts, read 2,481,577 times
I would have sat down and ate my meal as if nothing was ever said. It is absurd! Lawsuit worthy? No. She could have gone somewhere else if she wanted to sit down and enjoy her meal.

Old 08-08-2009, 06:29 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,538,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post

Nor will a 6 month old be walking around the store

But the moron probably doesn't say a thing when a parent sets their kid with a soggy loaded diaper on the counter that everyone's food crosses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting