Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2010, 06:43 PM

26 posts, read 151,706 times

Advertisements

Would appreciate any advice on subdivisions, schools, available organized sports for the kids, shops in the Erie area please. We have two kids: one in elementary and one in middle school, so having kids in the neighborhood is vital. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 05:47 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,703,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmliza View Post
Would appreciate any advice on subdivisions, schools, available organized sports for the kids, shops in the Erie area please. We have two kids: one in elementary and one in middle school, so having kids in the neighborhood is vital. Thank you!

Check out suburbs like North East, Harborcreek, and Millcreek Township for great schools and miles of safe, new subdivisions.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:29 AM

5 posts, read 37,838 times
I like millcreek and fairview areas. I also love the Montessori school here. Do you need to be close to anything in particular? A job? school?

Old 02-26-2010, 11:05 AM

2,200 posts, read 4,422,589 times
I'm a fan of Findley Lake, NY but that's probably a bit far

Old 03-02-2010, 08:33 PM

92 posts, read 229,920 times
We lived in Harborcreek when we actually had kids in school there (have since moved out of state). I have to say, I was very happy with the school district. I grew up in North East, and had a good experience there. But, as a parent, I thought the school my daughter was at, her teachers, and the principal were wonderful. (Where we are now, not so much!) It's a nice little town, often overlooked since it's on the east side of town. But, it's less than 20 minutes (except during a blizzard) from downtown, Peach St (the main shopping drag) and Presque Isle.

We lived in the Foxwood subdivision (rte 430 - Station Rd) just north of Penn St Behrend. Loved the neighborhood! We made some great friends, and actually knew most of the people on our own street and the next one over. There were also tons of kids there of all ages. For kids' activities, the Eastside YMCA is close (5 min), there is the Erie Gymnastics Center (7 min), a dance studio (8 min), and more that we didn't have time for.

Starting to lose my train of thought, but hope this helps!

Old 07-06-2010, 02:24 PM

356 posts, read 834,216 times
Not sure if you're still looking, but I agree with the posters above. Harborcreek is a wonderful area, with a good school system. I would recommend HC over Millcreek any day of the week, but to me, Millcreek is overcrowded, what with graduating classes over 600. Harborcreek is much smaller, 150-200 tops. I will caution, if you are minority and would like others who share a similar background, definitely try Millcreek. Not that you would have issues moving to HC (you wouldn't), it is simply much less diverse.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:27 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Can anyone suggest areas in Erie that are nice to live but are not subdivisions? Areas with good schools and low crime rates?

Old 10-18-2010, 06:51 AM

955 posts, read 4,090,146 times
Millcreek Township

Old 02-02-2012, 07:52 PM

46 posts, read 120,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ker8 View Post
Not sure if you're still looking, but I agree with the posters above. Harborcreek is a wonderful area, with a good school system. I would recommend HC over Millcreek any day of the week, but to me, Millcreek is overcrowded, what with graduating classes over 600. Harborcreek is much smaller, 150-200 tops. I will caution, if you are minority and would like others who share a similar background, definitely try Millcreek. Not that you would have issues moving to HC (you wouldn't), it is simply much less diverse.

Would you say Millcreek is very diverse? I'm trying to get a better idea between these two schools myself. What would you suggest for an elementary student with minor special needs (ADHD etc.) Does one school offer more in that category that you are aware of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania