Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2011, 10:23 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,826,095 times

Advertisements

seems to me that the amountdistributed through RCAP should be $412 million and the amount for transportation and bridges whould be $935 million rather than the way it is, thoughts?
Quote:
... the Corbett administration issued a strong warning that failure to authorize $1.7 billion in new state borrowing could shut down thousands of construction projects across the state...
[LEFT][LEFT]The bill, known as the Capital Budget Act, usually is approved routinely, but a provision allocating $270 million to reimburse contractors and local governments for redevelopment projects has drawn scrutiny this year from House GOP leader Mike Turzai, R-Bradford Woods, who has suggested tighter controls may be needed.
"It's a lot of money," Miskin said.
Besides that money, distributed through the Redevelopment Capital Assistance Program, the bill would authorize borrowing $935 million for buildings and structures, $412 million for transportation and bridges, $10 million for furnishings and equipment for new construction and $35 million for flood control

Read more: Pennsylvania official: Stalled state borrowing could cost jobs - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Pennsylvania official: Stalled state borrowing could cost jobs - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 12:42 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
I don’t even know why our state is spending almost a billion on our buildings - especially in light of our deteriorating infrastructure.

I wish that they would break down this spending so we could see where it is all going. I would be happy just seeing an accounting of the funds collected in the name of highway repair.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:54 PM

958 posts, read 1,198,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I don’t even know why our state is spending almost a billion on our buildings - especially in light of our deteriorating infrastructure.

I wish that they would break down this spending so we could see where it is all going. I would be happy just seeing an accounting of the funds collected in the name of highway repair.
Agreed.

Also, am I the only one getting tired of Corbett's blustering like he's such a big, tough guy? Who does he think he is, David Stern?

At least Stern is an intelligent businessman.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 12-15-2011 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: Removed slanderous remark.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:01 PM

stern is also an idiot, look at his sport, what a joke.
it seems to me swapping those two numbers would go a long way to addressing our transportation funding problem

Old 12-15-2011, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
stern is also an idiot, look at his sport, what a joke.
it seems to me swapping those two numbers would go a long way to addressing our transportation funding problem
Honestly the problem only exists because of the way Corbett and the other idiots are so soft on the companies that they're in the pockets of.

And David Stern is without a doubt an annoyance but he has made the NBA into a huge power and spread the popularity of basketball around the world to the point where they had games in London and have non-regular season games all over the globe. He's just a monopoly kinda guy is all.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by couldntthinkofaclevername View Post
Honestly the problem only exists because of the way Corbett and the other idiots are so soft on the companies that they're in the pockets of.

And David Stern is without a doubt an annoyance but he has made the NBA into a huge power and spread the popularity of basketball around the world to the point where they had games in London and have non-regular season games all over the globe. He's just a monopoly kinda guy is all.
hahahahaha!!! a huge power, that's a good one.
the nba is a joke. the nba is the biggest joke of a sport in this country.

actually, transportation funding problems start with the feds, first they took control of transportation funding, and channelled everything through them, then they stopped funding it, leaving states with few options. I80 was intended to be a toll road but the feds offered to pay, now they won't let the state toll it. anyway, so you think that there's nothing wrong with spending so much on RCAP rather than transportation?

Old 12-15-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
hahahahaha!!! a huge power, that's a good one.
the nba is a joke. the nba is the biggest joke of a sport in this country.

actually, transportation funding problems start with the feds, first they took control of transportation funding, and channelled everything through them, then they stopped funding it, leaving states with few options. I80 was intended to be a toll road but the feds offered to pay, now they won't let the state toll it. anyway, so you think that there's nothing wrong with spending so much on RCAP rather than transportation?
You really do not know what you're talking about. Basketball is the second largest sport in the world and growing every year. The NBA is the most powerful, most superior league of the sport. It is not even remotely a joke.

The transportation funding shortage in this state is what I am referring to. It wouldn't exist if revenues were brought in from certain companies through taxes or fines. Did I say that there's nothing wrong with the spending balance? Once again you seem to feel the need to put words in my mouth or twist my words around.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
You really do not know what you're talking about. Basketball is the second largest sport in the world and growing every year. The NBA is the most powerful, most superior league of the sport. It is not even remotely a joke.
in the country where I live, it's a complete joke. you really do not know what you are talking about.
Quote:
In terms of overall league revenue, the NFL, MLB and the NBA (in that order) rank as the three of the four most lucrative sports leagues in the world, with the Premier League of English soccer being in third or fourth place (depending on exchange rates, as well as what is counted as league revenue - calculating finances in European soccer is somewhat more complicated compared to US/Canada). The NHL is ranked in fifth place.
Major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
apology accepted
Quote:
Did I say that there's nothing wrong with the spending balance? Once again you seem to feel the need to put words in my mouth or twist my words around.
nope, never put words in your mouth, sorry, but next time, try posting about the topic instead of a bunch of time wasting off topic posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania