Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 02:03 PM

25 posts, read 106,049 times

Advertisements

Is anyone else having trouble getting through to PA unemployment? I filed for my benefits last Sunday as usual, and was told "more information was needed." I have been trying to call the number it gave me, as well as another line I have used before, several times a day for the past week. I constantly get a busy signal! Is there any other option?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 05:45 AM

1 posts, read 22,364 times
I get a constant BUSY SIGNAL since Monday 1/9/12 also.

I try from 7am to 9pm and it is ALWAYS BUSY !!!

What is going on????

Old 01-11-2012, 06:37 AM

1 posts, read 22,387 times
Same for me! I applied a week before Xmas and still haven't heard anything! I've been calling for 2 weeks!!

Old 01-11-2012, 08:51 AM

1 posts, read 22,366 times
Anyone get through to them? Does this have to do with the new laws or just post-holiday delays ... My landlords waiting to get paid his rent today from me, on the verge of being homeless now.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:26 AM

I found their "feedback" email on the UC website and sent a message. No response yet.

I also Googled this to see if it was a common problem and/or if there were any known solutions, and I came across a couple sites that mentioned a guy who called his state rep after having the same problem, and the state rep took care of it. I'm going to try mine this afternoon, so I'll let you know what happens.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:06 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times
You might want to research dawu.forumotion.com; this is a good unemployment-related site. It has separate forums for all the fifty states, and when there's a new developmment, the word gets passed around pretty quickly.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:26 AM

Called my rep's office the other day and talked to someone there. He said he'd call UC and have them call me. He called me back yesterday morning and said they'd be calling sometime during the day, but they never did. Maybe they'll get to me today.

A friend of mine actually got through on Wednesday afternoon. The automated voice told her her wait would be less than 40 minutes... it was 75.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:13 PM

2 posts, read 44,666 times
I filed 12/7/11 and call every other day, they are 8weeks behind on claims needing to be reviewed due to seperation issues.. I was told they get a least a 100 new claims a week!! that employers are firing ppl so they won't have to pay benifets...Wow, really, that stinks! I hear the same thing every time I call It 's on a pile of first come first serve basis. Our system is the pitts I also sent an email out to our state reps. about the service.. wonder if they'd like to wait 8wks for their paychecks!

Old 01-13-2012, 09:16 PM

2 posts, read 44,666 times
Try calling Thursdays, Mondays & Tuesday's you can't get through at all. If you get through and leave your # they will call back the next day.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:31 PM

4 posts, read 31,373 times
I can not get through either, said I would get two weeks and it is direct deposit, I never gave them any checking information because it should have gone to the debit card I never received. No money, no debit care, web site only shows one week getting paid. I too have to pay my mortgage company now and have nothing to eat, this really sucks. Laid off after 31 years of employment and cant find a job, just made the deans list at college too...............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania