Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 04:48 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
You know, I don't think that it's that they won't accept some form of "punishment" but calling for the death penalty is a bit much.
I'd rather see most football proceeds (for the few years ) go for therapy for victims of all sex abuse (not just Sandusky's victims) Education, and a good chunk sent to the Penn State Hershey Hospital Pediatric unit.

Home - Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital

Instead of tearing down, why not build up? Why take a program that can be used for a benefit and trash it?

In fact, if you look under the news tab on the link, it states that proceeds from the bowl games will be used to fight child abuse (paraphrase)
So, expand it and make them give up more proceeds
Ok, I really hate to point this out to you....but your entire premise is that....

PSU fans won't support a childrens hospital or the university etc. unless they run a ball across a line on Saturdays.

Yep, what you are proposing is a hostage situation....better not hurt the PSU program OR THE CHILDREN DON'T GET MONEY.

Sweet baby jesus, I've seen some sick sick rationale just to keep a freaking football program from taking some years off.....but this one is the most vile.

It's funny how fast you guys have switched gears from "it was just sandusky" to "oh it was just a few others" to skip right over the fact that Joe Pa and all the athletic leadership KNEW for over a decade.

If I ever care more about a college football teams ranking and a single person or child getting raped....then I guess I can come tail-gate with some of the posters here, of course they are in denial though.....

Old 07-15-2012, 05:02 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,077,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

This is the entire athletic leadership of the university engaging in over a decade of child-rape cover-ups AND MORE.
You said it right above, So, tell me again why want to punish the players, students and others?

Old 07-15-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Ok, I really hate to point this out to you....but your entire premise is that....

PSU fans won't support a childrens hospital or the university etc. unless they run a ball across a line on Saturdays.

Yep, what you are proposing is a hostage situation....better not hurt the PSU program OR THE CHILDREN DON'T GET MONEY.

Sweet baby jesus, I've seen some sick sick rationale just to keep a freaking football program from taking some years off.....but this one is the most vile.

It's funny how fast you guys have switched gears from "it was just sandusky" to "oh it was just a few others" to skip right over the fact that Joe Pa and all the athletic leadership KNEW for over a decade.

If I ever care more about a college football teams ranking and a single person or child getting raped....then I guess I can come tail-gate with some of the posters here, of course they are in denial though.....
Oh yes, I'm sure you just hate pointing out your flawed thinking to me

Wow, where do you come up with this stuff? You should write fantasies, I'm sure somebody would read them (if they were bored to tears)
I never said that the hospital wouldn't be supported, but we all know that cutbacks will happen and it's often the 'least" that feels it the most.
Keeping football and taking MORE for the hospital would be a blessing for them

Old 07-15-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Oh yes, I'm sure you just hate pointing out your flawed thinking to me

Wow, where do you come up with this stuff? You should write fantasies, I'm sure somebody would read them (if they were bored to tears)
I never said that the hospital wouldn't be supported, but we all know that cutbacks will happen and it's often the 'least" that feels it the most.
Keeping football and taking MORE for the hospital would be a blessing for them
Your point is that that the football fans at PSU would not donate to the childrens hospital, unless football were being played and the funds directed to them.

I agree with you 100%.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
You said it right above, So, tell me again why want to punish the players, students and others?
So if someone shoots your spouse, we let them go because you are punishing their kids.....?

Either Penus State has been grossly overated or it's not their alumni defending the program.

Moot either way. NCAA is going to Death Penalty you and quite frankly, the fact that you don't see this coming is that you aren't much of a college football fan or are in deeeeeeeep denial.

Look it up. I will wait.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
So if someone shoots your spouse, we let them go because you are punishing their kids.....?

Either Penus State has been grossly overated or it's not their alumni defending the program.

Moot either way. NCAA is going to Death Penalty you and quite frankly, the fact that you don't see this coming is that you aren't much of a college football fan or are in deeeeeeeep denial.

Look it up. I will wait.
LOL! I'm NOT a football fan at all... would have thought you'd puzzled that one out by now...not a sports fan really...total waste of time.
I do realize others are tho' and would hate to see those who play punished

Old 07-15-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:

I would hardly equate football player and their ex-coaches and supervisors etc. and spouses/children.
We can replace coaches and the like and move on, so why don't we?

Old 07-15-2012, 08:04 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
Every one of those football players could get a scholarship at most D1 universities.

If it came to that, I think the NCAA should give them all a waiver from sitting out the usual one year for a transfer.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Every one of those football players could get a scholarship at most D1 universities.

If it came to that, I think the NCAA should give them all a waiver from sitting out the usual one year for a transfer.
And what if they want to stay local?

Old 07-16-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
LOL! I'm NOT a football fan at all... would have thought you'd puzzled that one out by now...not a sports fan really...total waste of time.
I do realize others are tho' and would hate to see those who play punished
Yeah I figured it had to be one or another since your posts were making little sense.

Go read up on what happens to the players etc. when something like this happens. (ie. transfers)
Also read up on why the NCAA punishes programs the way the do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania