Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 02:58 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 912 View Post
You sure as hell can! Many programs have been sanctioned for doing much less!

Will PSU do the honorable thing & sanction themselves....or cowardly wait for the NCAA to step in?
Sanctioned.

Not suspended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
So, all The INNOCENT people who work for and go to the university and their families don't matter? or matter less than those who have been abused?
So my best friend who has struggled to make ends meet and FINALLY caught a break and got a job at the local campus and was at last able to start back to school, so she could make a better life for herself and her autistic son, and now may lose that job, if the school cuts back...what too bad so sad?
So...her innocent son and her innocent family, they matter less...than what revenge!!??! and YOU have the audacity to call me sick?
How is exacting revenge (because we can't undo what's been done) help anything?
Take from THOSE who were responsible, but leave the rest alone.
This, exactly.

Let's not punish a bunch of innocent people because of this. That is not the answer.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:11 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,491,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
Please quit polluting this thread with your tripe and rotting circlicur logic that has led you into the lions mouth.

Your illness is what we need to concentrate on now.
Your disease of attention seeking and public displays of grandeur concerning your false molestation.

Oh no child if anything you have sullied the very thread you thought you were contributing to.

Please explain to the good people here the very disease that is causing your written word to be cast into the shadows of broad daylight.

Explain the way you are so john and Jane public and shed light upon your self inflicted wounds so we can all view exactly what you are and will further become.

Remember you are only persecuting the infliction of yourself no one else.

Quickly my boy run to mother she will know what to do for you.

Are you ...like ....putting a spell on her? If so, I blocked that pass.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:40 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,385,715 times
No, Just my years of working within the realm of academia and the proper use of the English language.

So, yes actually in a sense I am casting a spell of exposure to proper diction.

Enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Are you ...like ....putting a spell on her? If so, I blocked that pass.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:01 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
I have changed my mind about Joe Paterno. I was a defender, but no more, now that I know more facts. With that said, those who are responsible for these crimes are all dead, in jail, or about to be in jail. There is no sense in punishing anybody else.

As for the "football culture," football can help a community heal. Witness the New Orleans Saints in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, or the Alabama Crimson Tide after Tuscaloosa was blasted by a violent tornado. Now that those who actually deserve to be punished are being punished either in the afterlife or in a court of law, the new head coach and the new athletic director can take the football program in a new direction and help the community heal.
This is one sick post.

Yeah, no sense in giving NCAA penalties to a program that covered up 15 years or so of pedophilia.

This is soooo wrong I think I need to go throw up.

What's next, going to recruit a top ranked Qb and then when you find out he has a fetish killing hookers line him up for a decade or so and then ask for no penalties so that "winning football games" can help the community heal? Your whole post is disgusting.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:22 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,406,153 times
Default A Legacy of Joe Paterno

I think there should be a legacy of Joe Paterno and it should live in our English Language forever to remind us of this shameful individual. This I proposed when this whole issue initially came to light:

joe-pa\jo-pa\ syn paterno\pa-ter-no\ n (2011) 1. a person who exhibits a behavior of denial in face of overwhelming evidence 2...avoids moral responsibilities 3...puts money over proper behavior adj--1. having characteristics of denial of criminal and/or immoral acts 2. an action for wealth regardless of values v. hiding immoral acts

Examples:

He was considered a joepa in his behavior as an administrator when the facts were brought to his attention.

The coach had the affable personality of concern, but after knowing his for a time I realized he was one of the joepa individuals who put winning before values.

The President of the University had joepaed the whole affair and nothing more was heard of it.

Joepaing was apparent by the authority when they investigated the football program at the university.

The indictment was issued by the Grand Jury as to violation of the Joepa Act of the State of Pennsylvania.

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 07-13-2012 at 10:00 PM..

Old 07-13-2012, 11:30 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,088,628 times
Quote:
Sheena, I agree that football needs to be put into perspective, and the silence needs to end..if it means football needs to go on hold for a year or 2, that's better than losing it totally.
Like I said previously, I'm not a football fan, but I have seen the good that comes out of that school, and in part from $$$ that's brought in by football.
I live near a campus, so there's a large presence here. They do a lot with things like health-fairs and the like. I know a lot of families who are tied into that school, faculty, students or support staff. I'd hate to see them suffer, it's been a hard ride as it is

your seeing a connection how football leads to money for a school and needs to be upheld is what got this college to the point of where it is now---and enabled more kids to be abused---i have read your posts and if your past is true---too bad---but those posts show a NEED FOR THERAPY

Old 07-14-2012, 09:34 AM

1,738 posts, read 2,079,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
your seeing a connection how football leads to money for a school and needs to be upheld is what got this college to the point of where it is now---and enabled more kids to be abused---i have read your posts and if your past is true---too bad---but those posts show a NEED FOR THERAPY
Just where do you get off?

Those people were more in it for themselves and their reputations... I'm talking about PEOPLE, FAMILIES, (kids included) who are affected by the negative impact of all this.
People seem to only be worried about one set of innocent people AKA "the victims"
Well, there's more than just those to worry about..the difference is, the first victims were victims of Sandusky, the second set...it doesn't have to be that way...but they would be the victims of the fallout...because people blindly want revenge and retribution, and they don't seem to care who it hurts....

Seems the people so set on revenge are really the ones who need therapy. Last I looked, revenge doesn't help or solve anything.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Just where do you get off?

Those people were more in it for themselves and their reputations... I'm talking about PEOPLE, FAMILIES, (kids included) who are affected by the negative impact of all this.
People seem to only be worried about one set of innocent people AKA "the victims"
Well, there's more than just those to worry about..the difference is, the first victims were victims of Sandusky, the second set...it doesn't have to be that way...but they would be the victims of the fallout...because people blindly want revenge and retribution, and they don't seem to care who it hurts....

Seems the people so set on revenge are really the ones who need therapy. Last I looked, revenge doesn't help or solve anything.
This is exactly how I feel as well.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:28 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,756,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
This is soooo wrong I think I need to go throw up.
Heave! Dry heave! I hope you puke your guts out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania