Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2007, 02:50 PM

27 posts, read 111,169 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any info regarding Braden Airpark, particularly anyone who lives nearby. How does this compare to Lehigh Valley airport regarding noise, pollution, impact on surrounding communities, etc.?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 10:36 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,663,747 times
No comparison at all.
Lehigh is an International Airport. Pretty large planes. No gigantic ( 747)ones though.
Braden is for personal private planes. No jets that I have seen, or perhaps something small in that regard. Just the little guys parked there.........
As far as Braden, I wouldn't want to work at the bank on the corner.........as the planes land they come a bit close for my comfort zone.
Its quiet around Braden.............Lehigh however, is the opposite.........its a busy active airport. I do love doing all my trips from there. Nice, easy parking and so easy to get to.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:54 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,938,445 times
Exactly as Summering said, Braden's is a tiny airport for personal aircraft, no large planes. I too would not want to work at the bank on the corner - they come in so low
I don't know if I'd necessarily want to live in the development directly catty-corner from the airport either, as that is right under the flight path, but anywhere else in the immediate vicinity should be fine.

A greater concern of living in that area should be sprawl - Forks is getting pretty built up and there are many issues from that - traffic, storm water, infrastructure that you should be aware of. This is an excellent place to read if you are considering a move to Forks Township: Residents Who Care: September 2006

Good Luck!

Old 07-21-2008, 08:28 AM

6 posts, read 15,369 times
I live catty-corner from the airport in the development and I love the airport being there. It seems the planes use the street in front of our house to line up for landing but when you are in the house it only sounds like a car driving by, not loud enough to wake a sleeping baby. You also are not talking high traffic. Besides there is always the excitement of looking out and seeing a hot air balloon rising up and drifting over the area - not to mention watching the ultralights.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:14 AM

1 posts, read 3,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy DeP View Post
I live catty-corner from the airport in the development and I love the airport being there. It seems the planes use the street in front of our house to line up for landing but when you are in the house it only sounds like a car driving by, not loud enough to wake a sleeping baby. You also are not talking high traffic. Besides there is always the excitement of looking out and seeing a hot air balloon rising up and drifting over the area - not to mention watching the ultralights.
Kathy- my husband and i are looking for new home close to small airport..he flies a little plane..what's the name of your development? are there lots to build on or just existing homes for sale? thanks for the help

Old 02-08-2009, 05:33 PM

6 posts, read 15,369 times
Hi Valerie,

We are in the Meadows at Steeplechase, on Shadowstone Drive. The Estates at Steeplechase is across Church Lane and they are generally larger homes but they have lots for sale. Don't know what price range you are looking for but there is a house for sale in our development. Also, there is another small development right behind our house with semi attached homes. Also, we will be putting our house up for sale sometime in the not too distant future - not because of the airport (that is one of the things I will miss most) but because we own another house in the Reading area just 2 doors away from our daughter and her family, and my husband is nearing retirement age.
The builder for this development is Nic Zaworski. Our homes in this development are about 5 years old. I don't know how familiar you are with this area or the airport...I imagine you could park a plane there if you own one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania