Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2006, 08:30 PM

30 posts, read 81,391 times

Advertisements

i forgot to post these counties as well...montour county,columbia county,and wyoming county...any info would be helpful thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2006, 07:05 AM

203 posts, read 1,256,647 times
ummm. there is only 67 counties. PA is a commenwealth- there is something here for everyone.

if you want good advice- you need to tell us what type of lifestyle you are lokking for.

Old 11-09-2006, 12:13 PM

looking for info on the demographics,taxes,crime,schools...etc etc is it a good place to raise children

Old 11-09-2006, 05:48 PM

Ok We, lets start with your line of work.

You must be where you can bring in a paycheck.

What are your occupations/ ?

What excited you about an area? Hobbies?

Old 11-09-2006, 11:22 PM

im a truck driver, i like mountains offroading,hiking,festivals especially when they are ethnically orieneted,but also wanna be close to a large enough town to go see movies take my kids to a ball game etc etc etc

Old 11-10-2006, 08:45 AM

Bald eagle state park has the best camping. It is in Union county.

Snyder, union, and northumberland county are decent- tho snyder and union has better school.

i80 exit 210.

These counties have stuff for kids, families. yet we are 1 hour from cultural things like museums, and concert venues.

There is a trucking company, milton and watsontown. i dont know if they pay as well as some of the other guys.

north on i80, you will shovel more snow. you may not get cell phone reception.

avoid york and harrisburg, as well as philly and pitt. throw in scranton and williamsport.

there is a HUGE nonsense to PA tax system.

I moved here in 1988 from Chicago, and it was teh best decission I ever made. True it doesnt have the razzle dazzle of teh big city, but I never had a car stolen here, never had bullets come thru my window, never had my placed torched, all of which did happen in Chicago.

oh avoid hazleton too.

im looking to go to the western part of the state- im seeing that any house can look good in the pic. i need to go in person.

in the previous century PA hardwoods were plundered. today tehey are back. we have some of the most sought after hardwood trees -the japanese eye them. they rank up with the pacific northwest.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:11 AM

wow...i can see why you would move lol..thanks for the information..

Old 11-10-2006, 11:32 AM

I was young at the time. I believed the myth that "we can all get along", so i went to the bad side of town. Any big city- the safer areas are costlier.

In a small town- if I work hard- i can one day own anything I see around me.

Not so in a metro area. Safe neighborhood with homes as big as a small hotel- lusury cars, who can make it with all teh outsourcing and downsizing?

I had some good times in Chicago. IMO a big city is a big city. These crimes happen just as easily in LA, Miami, Cleveland, Detroit, Baltimore. Pick one.

Snyder -northumberland, union, montour county are all very safe. A good place to raise kids.

years ago- when they were going to move the state capital.... Sunbury was a suggestion. the vote was split. the senotor from northumberland was teh one vote that made harrisburg the state capital- not here.

the folks here- seen what happened in teh pocanos, how uncontrolled growth led to a wholoe host of problems. We have a 20 yr plan. we know growth will come- but we want to pick and choose the type.

a place that is friendly to kids- is frankly a good place to live.

in Selinsgrove or Sunbury- i never have had to leave lights on to make it look like someone is home.

the worst crime that happened to me since 1988, was my hood ornamant was stolen from my elderado in Milton.

when there is crime here- is usually is 2 guys fighting over a lady. [occassionaly drug stuff too]

IMO warrior run school is the best in teh area. that is in Watsontown.

[upper northumberland county]

this valley is shelterred. yet- there are 5 universities with in an hour.

theres fishing camping and hunting here as well.

in an afluent suburb- a man is measured by what he owns. in a small town, people matter. it isnt all about greed.

miton and sunbury have a ymca.

sunbury and milton have state parks.

are you good at handyman work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania