Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 09:56 AM

5,301 posts, read 6,183,576 times

Advertisements

Good or bad, it's now legal in PA. See link.

Medical marijuana legalized in Pennsylvania | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 09:58 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,207,524 times
Now...if he could only pass a budget....

Old 04-18-2016, 05:27 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
A step forward for The Keystone State.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:43 AM

121 posts, read 260,127 times
Certainly a step in the right direction and much needed relief for parents and children who will be able to take advantage of this, but so much of this bill is just so stupid. If everyone could just drop the whole "reefer madness" BS and treat it like every other prescription medicine. I mean, special dispensaries just for this one item? Why can't it be available at existing pharmacies? It seems like they still have to pander to the prohibition crowd by treating this like some some outlier that's just so inefficient. One step forward, two steps back it always seems.

Old 04-19-2016, 10:42 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,823,631 times
they should just legalize it for both medicinal and recreational use

Old 04-19-2016, 05:58 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,209,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
If one cannot pick it up at a drugstore, then it is illegal to me.

Old 04-19-2016, 08:35 PM

1,783 posts, read 1,554,854 times
How can a State legalize medical marijuana? It's the job of the FDA to regulate drugs. May be the state should legalize marijuana and get out of the business of regulating "medicines".

I would like to see this issue of medical marijuana addressed by the courts, even if it means taking it all the way to the Supreme Court.

Quote:
The FDA has not approved marijuana as a safe and effective drug for any indication. The agency has, however, approved one drug containing a synthetic version of a substance that is present in the marijuana plant and one other drug containing a synthetic substance that acts similarly to compounds from marijuana but is not present in marijuana. Although the FDA has not approved any drug product containing or derived from botanical marijuana, the FDA is aware that there is considerable interest in its use to attempt to treat a number of medical conditions, including, for example, glaucoma, AIDS wasting syndrome, neuropathic pain, cancer, multiple sclerosis, chemotherapy-induced nausea, and certain seizure disorders.

The FDA’s role in the regulation of drugs, including marijuana and marijuana-derived products, also includes review of applications to market drugs to determine whether proposed drug products are safe and effective for their intended indications. The FDA’s drug approval process requires that clinical trials be designed and conducted in a way that provide the agency with the necessary scientific data upon which the FDA can make its approval decisions. Without this review, the FDA cannot determine whether a drug product is safe and effective. It also cannot ensure that a drug product meets appropriate quality standards. For certain drugs that have not been approved by the FDA, such as marijuana, the lack of FDA approval and oversight means that the purity and potency of the drug may vary considerably

Old 04-19-2016, 08:40 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,035,544 times
Let them have the weed.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:40 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ondoner View Post
How can a State legalize medical marijuana?
Technically they can't, if the DEA wanted to arrest people selling it they could. The law should be changed, I'm a law and order kind of guy. Not that I agree with it but the law is the law. The federal administration should not be dictating the law through non enforcement.

The problem here is this is one of those political hot potatoes especially for the right. Whether the lawmaker supports it or the majority of their constituents support it passing it can only cause them political harm.

Pennsylvania's R's tend to be more moderate so there won't be much political fallout for it especially since they are labeling it medical marijuana. I knew someone that had a brain tumor that was given 1 to 2 years to live. When they asked the doctor about it he had to very carefully word it so he wasn't saying yes or no. This person that had the cancer said it helped with the nausea and his appetite, that's good enough for me. They are still here 10 years going.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:42 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,823,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Technically they can't, if the DEA wanted to arrest people selling it they could. The law should be changed, I'm a law and order kind of guy. Not that I agree with it but the law is the law. The federal administration should not be dictating the law through non enforcement.

The problem here is this is one of those political hot potatoes especially for the right. Whether the lawmaker supports it or the majority of their constituents support it passing it can only cause them political harm.

Pennsylvania's R's tend to be more moderate so there won't be much political fallout for it especially since they are labeling it medical marijuana. I knew someone that had a brain tumor that was given 1 to 2 years to live. When they asked the doctor about it he had to very carefully word it so he wasn't saying yes or no. This person that had the cancer said it helped with the nausea and his appetite, that's good enough for me. They are still here 10 years going.
some folks believe the best way to get bad laws changed is to enforce them. start arresting terminally Ill and the sick for Marijuana use and arresting people buying booze in Delaware. otoh you're just wasting time and money on political points (and hurting people) when there are laws that actually should and need to be enforced.
of course, the law may be the law but American was founded on ignoring bad laws so there's something inherently American about flouting laws. if you don't ignore laws then what Avenue is there to change them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania