Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2008, 08:33 AM

77 posts, read 336,147 times

Advertisements

I have quite a bit of Pennsylvania railroad memorabilia that belonged to my deceased father, that I'd like to sell for my mother.

Does anyone know of a collector, dealer or someone otherwise involved with this type material?

Thanks!
Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 11:27 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,376,647 times
Check out eBay or craigslist.com

Old 04-04-2008, 06:24 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,939,329 times
Railroad Museum of PA may be interested, here is their website: Railroad Museum Pennsylvania - History, Trains, Rail Information

Old 04-05-2008, 04:07 PM

77 posts, read 336,147 times
Thank you for the suggestions.........

Old 11-04-2008, 06:24 PM

1 posts, read 6,758 times
Default Memorabilia to Purchase

I would be interested in buying your RR Memorabilia, I have an auction site that I sell that type of memorabilia on. Do you still have it? Thanks,
Greg [url]www.gabsauctions.com[/url]

Old 04-08-2009, 02:23 PM

2 posts, read 13,361 times
Smile I'm a collector

Quote: He who has the most toys wins. Author unknown. Hey Mike I am a collector. What PRR items
do you have available?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodturnerMike View Post
I have quite a bit of Pennsylvania railroad memorabilia that belonged to my deceased father, that I'd like to sell for my mother.

Does anyone know of a collector, dealer or someone otherwise involved with this type material?

Thanks!
Mike

Old 04-08-2009, 02:40 PM

2 posts, read 13,361 times
Smile The Broadway Limited

As a boy of 10 I sold the morning paper at the Gary, Indiana Pennsylvania Train Station before school every morning. I arrived at the station around 5:30 am, with an armful of newpapers. I sold all of them to departing commuters at the station heading to their jobs in Chicago. Form time-to-time I observed the "Broadway Limited" with it's distinctive observation car on the end of the train which included it's placard announcing to everyone that "it" was indeed "The Broadway Limited" that just blew my hat and socks off. I loved that train, including it's powerfully magnificent design, it's color, it's engines, passenger cars, its speed, it's steamy fragrant smell, and it's departing sillohette as it grew smaller moving further away. Yep, I stood there, with my jaw dropped open, finally I could utter the word "WOW! Only three letters, and it was definitely the longest word I could pronounce. Of course this would happen later in the day on non-school days. Whew, and now you know.

Very truly yours,
PRRBRAT

Old 06-17-2010, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 5,287 times
There is a dealer in Michigan named Anthony McMillan. He runs a business called Sweetbriar_Collectibles & helps alot of sellers in liqudating large collections of railraod memorbilia. You should contact him with your list, I'm sure he would be interested.

[EMAIL="Sweetbriar_Collectibles@yahoo.com"]Sweetbriar_Collectibles@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]

I hope this helps.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:15 PM

1 posts, read 4,712 times
Hey, does anybody have any idea if an old track dolly from PRR is something that is collectible? I currently have access to one, and if it is something that someone else could enjoy, it'd be worth hauling it out. Also, single bricks from original platforms made by a company called latrobe, is that worth anything? If yes to either, ballpark figures on their worth would be helpful...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania