Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 09:16 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,451,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
To think Netflix's most popular program is about Jeffrey Dahmer, when we have this explosive true crime story right in our back yard. I think Fred Durst would make a good John Fetterman,.

Do you think they would use a real changeable letter sign or just some CGI crap? Probably depends on the budget.
"Did you think January 6th, a man so rich he has no idea how to grocery shop, or a man so misogynistic he wants to prosecute women who've had abortions for murder were bad looks? Get this! This aspiring senator REARRANGED letters on a SIGN! See more in our ten part series Fetterman, Letterman."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2022, 10:36 AM

8,078 posts, read 7,440,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
The fact is he rearranged letters on a sign. I know we are living in scandal heavy times these days, and headlines mean everything, but get a grip. This story is nothing-potatoes.

Oh, and to the point that a story can be factually poorly written, that story was factually poorly written. Lol.

Here are the facts. John Fetterman was a grown man when he did this. He was mayor of the city. He did it at night, in the dark, trying to make sure nobody saw him. He only admitted to doing it after confronted with video evidence.

John Fetterman had his reasons why he did not want the business to open, and only he knows what was in his heart. But his actions were childish and illegal. I expect anyone serving in government at any level to have respect for the law and to accept outcomes that he or she disagrees with, if those outcomes are achieved legally. I expect John Fetterman to have self-control.

You think vandalism of a local business by a sitting mayor is funny, but you think referring a veggie tray as "crudite'" is serious business.

Old 10-05-2022, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Here are the facts. John Fetterman was a grown man when he did this. He was mayor of the city. He did it at night, in the dark, trying to make sure nobody saw him. He only admitted to doing it after confronted with video evidence.

John Fetterman had his reasons why he did not want the business to open, and only he knows what was in his heart. But his actions were childish and illegal. I expect anyone serving in government at any level to have respect for the law and to accept outcomes that he or she disagrees with, if those outcomes are achieved legally. I expect John Fetterman to have self-control.

You think vandalism of a local business by a sitting mayor is funny, but you think referring a veggie tray as "crudite'" is serious business.
The fact is you think Fetterman rearranging letters on a sign is serious business. The fact is, you misused the word "vandalism." Look up its definition. The fact is, most Pennsylvanians who even hear about this will see this for what it is: a nothing-burger. The fact is, you posted an article in which the author blamed voters in the introduction. Such elitism by a person who can't even write persuasively. Why would you post such an elitist article?

The fact is, politicians get into all sorts of mischief, from buffoonery to anti-democratic behavior. This falls on the side of buffoonery. Oz's refusal to acknowledge that the 2020 election was definitively, lawfully, and ethically won by Joe Biden falls on the anti-democratic spectrum of mischief. I'll take the buffoonery over the anti-democratic crap.

The fact that you have belabored on this forum that the crudites gaffe is meaningless is telling. Beyond all of the silliness and fun laughs we've had with the gaffe, it is important for US senator to be in touch with the realities of his constituents. It is important for him to know how people really grocery shop and experience food prices. He should know the names of local grocery stores people go to.

The fact is, Oz is a carpetbagger from New Jersey who has worked his whole life to self-enrich while scamming people with snake oil. The fact is, Oz's so-called political positions are a matter of convenience, not deeply held beliefs. I can at least give it to Mastriano that he actually believes all the ridiculous things he espouses. Oz is just playing the game.

But go on, clutch your pearls over some letters on a sign.

Old 10-05-2022, 11:36 AM

1,170 posts, read 591,905 times
RE Crudite: the only reason it was a "thing" is because it deliciously reminded everyone that he isn't from PA, and is super out of touch rich. That is the only way something becomes a "a thing". Think Dan Quayle and potatoes or Michael Dukakis in the tank. But hey, if your reaction to this is "Jeepers! That rascal Fetterman is up to it again!" then you do you, but this isn't "a thing".

Old 10-05-2022, 12:21 PM

Quote:
The fact is you think Fetterman rearranging letters on a sign is serious business. The fact is, you misused the word "vandalism." Look up its definition.
But go on, clutch your pearls over some letters on a sign.
Relax. Fetterman wasn't even charged and the statute of limitations on vandalism has long since expired.

I love that you guys think crudite' is such a "rich man's word". I've been aware of crudite' since the 1980's and so has the waitress at TGI Friday's. Clutch much?

Old 10-05-2022, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Relax. Fetterman wasn't even charged and the statute of limitations on vandalism has long since expired.

I love that you guys think crudite' is such a "rich man's word". I've been aware of crudite' since the 1980's and so has the waitress at TGI Friday's. Clutch much?
I’m glad we can all relax about Fetterman’s late night escapades. I’m sure nightlife wasn’t bumping in Braddock, and he was just looking for a laugh. Now if this thread had been posted with a wink rather than a serious face, we’d all be on the same page. I knew there was a reason no charges were pressed. Oz’s refusal to affirm the integrity of the 2020 election? Now THAT is serious!

Yes. We’ll all continue to laugh at Oz. Why did he post a video without doing his homework about logical veggie dips or grocery store names? Cmon man, surely you did some homework in med school, right?!

Old 10-05-2022, 12:57 PM

1,026 posts, read 447,593 times
Even funnier is in 2013 when Fetterman mistook fireworks for gunfire and while armed, pursued a black male jogger dressed in running clothes and held a gun on him until cops arrived...black man was, of course, completely innocent and Fetterman didn't need to apologize I guess because this situation was so hilarious...our Lt Gov and soon to be U.S. Senator sure has some funny stories.

Old 10-05-2022, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post
Even funnier is in 2013 when Fetterman mistook fireworks for gunfire and while armed, pursued a black male jogger dressed in running clothes and held a gun on him until cops arrived...black man was, of course, completely innocent and Fetterman didn't need to apologize I guess because this situation was so hilarious...our Lt Gov and soon to be U.S. Senator sure has some funny stories.
But at least he didn't say crudite'. Priorities.

And I wouldn't be so quick to say he'll soon be a U.S. Senator. He still has to earn votes and I'm interested to see how he performs in the single debate coming up later this month.

Old 10-05-2022, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post
He forgave Fetterman for his mistake. Miyares, who is now serving time in prison for an unrelated crime, does not think the 2013 incident should hurt Fetterman's chances at a Senate seat.

"I hope he gets to be a Senator," he wrote to the Philadelphia Inquirer. "Gooo Fetterman."

Question for you guys: If Fetterman wins, do you think the election was likely "rigged" or "stolen"? If Oz wins, do you think the election was likely lawful and legitimate?

Old 10-05-2022, 01:34 PM

1,026 posts, read 447,593 times
Quote:
He forgave Fetterman for his mistake. Miyares, who is now serving time in prison for an unrelated crime, does not think the 2013 incident should hurt Fetterman's chances at a Senate seat.

"I hope he gets to be a Senator," he wrote to the Philadelphia Inquirer. "Gooo Fetterman."

Question for you guys: If Fetterman wins, do you think the election was likely "rigged" or "stolen"? If Oz wins, do you think the election was likely lawful and legitimate?
Of course all is forgiven, Fetterman's is a Democrat running for a U.S. Senate seat. Now if Fetterman was a Republican, he would be back on his parents' dole, as in 2010 with this ''sign'' story at a black business let alone holding a gun on an innocent black dude for no reason other than I guess his ''unconscious bias".

Has Fetterman had complete and total reprogramming for his unconscious bias and white privilege he has a history of using and abusing POC with?

Miyares is serving time for an unrelated crime? Unrelated to what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania