Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2023, 06:27 AM

8,080 posts, read 7,451,105 times

Advertisements

Somehow this year's edition of the seemingly annual ritual is going under the radar.

Here's what I know: The budget has been passed but money has not been handed out because the President Pro Tempore of the PA Senate did not send the budget to the Governor for his signature.

Two part question: What is her stated reason for not sending the budget to the Governor before adjourning for summer recess? What do you think the real reason is?

I wouldn't even know about this if my wife wasn't an employee of a non-profit that relies on state money to operate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2023, 10:46 PM

1,170 posts, read 592,914 times
The fun part of this is, google "Josh Shapiro" and then "Kim Ward", that explains everything. The GOP is increasingly becoming toxic statewide. Good.

Old 08-02-2023, 08:16 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,992,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
The fun part of this is, google "Josh Shapiro" and then "Kim Ward", that explains everything. The GOP is increasingly becoming toxic statewide. Good.
An who runs your search engine? Who is telling you who is toxic? Do you are some examples of this? I know that the streets in cities right now are very quiet compared to just a few years ago when there were protests/cities burning and looting for 4 1/2 years. Who told them to do that? Why are there no protests like that now? Who is leading the masses/army?

I post this to try to make people understand that we are being fed. I was flipping through the channels and saw a picture on WPXI (NBC) showing DeSantis in a pose that is probably waving hello or a symbol of thank you for applause, but they had it a still shot of him looking like giving the Hitler salute and discussing how horrible of a person he is. Who is leading this and why? Is it that DeSantis could be a threat to some group's power? As someone that owns property in both states, I can assure you that Florida is much better run. There is a reason between 800-1200 people a day are moving there, which I question. PA?

Keep doing your Google searches and enjoy hearing what you want to hear. My suggestion to you is find actual happenings/speeches by the people you seem to hate. What are they really saying? Not clips out of context, but full speeches and explanations. That is if you can even find an actual full event. It isn't as easy as some may think.

Do what you like, but don't think you are any group is smart just because one can find and echo chamber that is in agreement with one's views. I can assure you these echo chambers are merely run by a group that is wanting power and control. It does indeed work and they create armies. Smart people will question both sides and ask why are they doing that. BOTH sides. I was a Democrat ALL my life, but the direction I am seeing is indeed toxic to the working class. It looks like there is a group that wants many to be dependent. Why?

Old 08-02-2023, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Why do you think this is funny? At my wife's job yesterday they laid off 10% of the workers. Maybe that's the result of a poorly managed agency but the tipping point came when the state money stopped flowing.

This is an agency that serves the needs of poor people in the community and some of those services have now been cancelled. And these are real people with bills to pay, getting laid off.

Old 08-02-2023, 08:37 AM

41,973 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
There's nothing fun about this.

Old 08-02-2023, 09:12 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,992,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Why do you think this is funny? At my wife's job yesterday they laid off 10% of the workers. Maybe that's the result of a poorly managed agency but the tipping point came when the state money stopped flowing.

This is an agency that serves the needs of poor people in the community and some of those services have now been cancelled. And these are real people with bills to pay, getting laid off.
Looks like reality and there isn't anything funny about it. It is something that needs to be studied. Some of the programs probably should dry up as generations and generations seem to just be dependent on the system and there is no growth in that. I can't speak for your situation specifically without a full study of it. That isn't some day read for sure.

Old 08-02-2023, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post

I don't know what your wife does for a living but there is a decent chance that many Republicans will see her as bureaucratic waste. With that, if a shutdown means fewer people are getting paid then that is a victory in of itself for many. And thats the entire point of my comment. I have no plans on debating the merits of the size of government here but the way Republicans and Democrats talk about government shutdowns, and their approach to them, are entirely different in Pennsylvania, and nationwide. There is a reason why ruby red Cumberland County, with loads of state employees, voted for both Shapiro and Wolf.

Old 08-02-2023, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
An who runs your search engine? Who is telling you who is toxic? Do you are some examples of this? I know that the streets in cities right now are very quiet compared to just a few years ago when there were protests/cities burning and looting for 4 1/2 years. Who told them to do that? Why are there no protests like that now? Who is leading the masses/army?

I post this to try to make people understand that we are being fed. I was flipping through the channels and saw a picture on WPXI (NBC) showing DeSantis in a pose that is probably waving hello or a symbol of thank you for applause, but they had it a still shot of him looking like giving the Hitler salute and discussing how horrible of a person he is. Who is leading this and why? Is it that DeSantis could be a threat to some group's power? As someone that owns property in both states, I can assure you that Florida is much better run. There is a reason between 800-1200 people a day are moving there, which I question. PA?

Keep doing your Google searches and enjoy hearing what you want to hear. My suggestion to you is find actual happenings/speeches by the people you seem to hate. What are they really saying? Not clips out of context, but full speeches and explanations. That is if you can even find an actual full event. It isn't as easy as some may think.

Do what you like, but don't think you are any group is smart just because one can find and echo chamber that is in agreement with one's views. I can assure you these echo chambers are merely run by a group that is wanting power and control. It does indeed work and they create armies. Smart people will question both sides and ask why are they doing that. BOTH sides. I was a Democrat ALL my life, but the direction I am seeing is indeed toxic to the working class. It looks like there is a group that wants many to be dependent. Why?
You know you just created a thread celebrating the end of a show whose views you didn't like?

Old 08-02-2023, 12:24 PM

9,380 posts, read 9,347,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Huh?

Old 08-03-2023, 07:13 AM

Looks like they've struck a deal. Jeez, always with the brinksmanship.

https://www.pennlive.com/politics/20...outputType=amp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania