Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 06:40 AM

20 posts, read 75,036 times

Advertisements

IMO it would not matter if you fed deer or not. Deer are everywhere, and so are rodents that carry ticks around.

I still do not understand as to why they would spray only for west nile and not for lyme. I guess because lyme you can take antibiotics for. Sheesh. BTW, a friend of mine just recently became very sick with Lyme disease (here in adams county). Hers was not caught early as she has been having symptoms for a long while and her doctors kept blowing her off giving time for the stuff to spread to other parts of her body.

Last edited by getaclue; 09-12-2008 at 06:42 AM.. Reason: to add more info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 08:41 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by getaclue View Post
IMO it would not matter if you fed deer or not. Deer are everywhere, and so are rodents that carry ticks around.
Yes your right, deer and rodents both, but if you do have a lot of deer around, your more apt to contact them. Like my sister, they are loaded with deer.

I remember one of my ex husbands buddy's shot a deer during season, and it was loaded with those little ticks. ewwwwww

Quote:
I still do not understand as to why they would spray only for west nile and not for lyme. I guess because lyme you can take antibiotics for. Sheesh. BTW, a friend of mine just recently became very sick with Lyme disease (here in adams county). Hers was not caught early as she has been having symptoms for a long while and her doctors kept blowing her off giving time for the stuff to spread to other parts of her body.
West Nile I believe is much more lethal then lyme?

West Nile virus causes an infection that is spread by certain species of mosquitoes that become infected when they bite infected birds. The mosquitoes spread the virus to people. Most West Nile virus infections cause either no symptoms or symptoms that are so mild that people do not realize they have been infected. Mild or moderate symptoms include fever, tiredness, headache, and body aches, occasionally with skin rash and swollen lymph nodes.
In rare cases, it can lead to inflammation of the brain (encephalitis),
(Which is what they found out my girlfriend has, and the very reason I started this thread)
spinal cord (myelitis), or the tissues surrounding the brain and the spinal cord (meningitis).
Very few people who are bitten by an infected mosquito will become severely ill with an illness affecting the brain and spinal cord.1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania