Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Are You Voting For On Election Day?
Sen. John McCain (R) 51 35.92%
Sen. Barack Obama (D) 74 52.11%
Other 6 4.23%
Undecided 6 4.23%
I'm Not Voting 5 3.52%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 09:05 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,934,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal rooster View Post
Yeah, considering that there is lots of racism particularly in PA. Either that or they are more open about it.
That is in the T. The SW, and SE sections are going to weighout the T. Hopefully all the college students at PSU will get out and add a large addition to that part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 09:27 AM

2,403 posts, read 5,242,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
You can dig up everything you want on Obama and all of his past "associations." However, that really doesn't hold water in this election with me and it shouldn't hold water with anyone. There's too many issues at stake right now to be concerned about digging up trash on each candidate. The same goes for McCain, too.

In short, we need to be concerned about substantive issues, and the more we're concerned about the various "connections" each candidate has to other people, the less attention we put on solving everyday issues. Smear campaigns do a huge disservice to the democratic process.
That's the Republican's stock and trade: sneer, smear & fear.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
That's the Republican's stock and trade: sneer, smear & fear.
I am predicting that the republicans have something up their sleeves with a fear tactic comming soon. Give it about 2 or 3 weeks.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:48 AM

6 posts, read 13,767 times
Default President Material?

I just can't seem to understand how a man can sit in church for 20+ years and listen to a preacher who spouts hate about his country, Jews, whites, etc. and not believe what he is saying. He didn't distance himself from the reverend until some of the media called him on it. You have to really consider this point. That is scary to me.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:56 AM

who cares about these petty issues. God people, does anybody care about the state of this country?

We can bring in petty issues about Palin and that she thinks that the war in Iraq is "God's plan".

These petty issues are what got this country to this sad state it is in today, and it seems voters put this as their top priority.

Does Monster or careerbuilder have European jobs listed on their site?

Old 10-03-2008, 11:21 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post

We can bring in petty issues about Palin and that she thinks that the war in Iraq is "God's plan".

The fact that Palin views the war in Iraq as being some sort of "holy war" is NOT a petty issue. Its very dangerous and is the same mindset of the Islamic terrorists and their "jihad." Fundamentalists of any religion are scary in my opinion, including Christian fundamentalists.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:22 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,823,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssr1959 View Post
I just can't seem to understand how a man can sit in church for 20+ years and listen to a preacher who spouts hate about his country, Jews, whites, etc. and not believe what he is saying. He didn't distance himself from the reverend until some of the media called him on it. You have to really consider this point. That is scary to me.

The difference is that Obama merely attended that church....Palin was the one who gave the speech at her church about the Iraq war being some sort of mission from God.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:37 AM

7,271 posts, read 10,603,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
The difference is that Obama merely attended that church....Palin was the one who gave the speech at her church about the Iraq war being some sort of mission from God.
Indeed. Viewing Iraq as a Christian "jihad" is beyond frightening. Here's a YouTube clip of her speech, by the way:

YouTube - Sarah Palin Church video Part One

Old 10-03-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
True, and I don't like Jeremiah Wright. Obama knew him as a community organizer, and Jeremiah Wright was somebody who played a large role in the community.

Obama is far from a religious nut job. It is the right winged Christains that scare the bejesus out of me. This neo-con, non seperation of church and state, war mongoring, oil drilling, environment hating, economically ignorant decade has got to stop. I have had enough of it. I have had enough of these Born again Christains raising power and shoving it in myface. I have nothing wrong with Christians, just the extreme ones who use there religion as a justification for non-moral agenda. I have had enough of this hatred this country has been spewing out. I am sick of our nation being the embarrasment of this world, and all our Allies turning its back on us.

This has got to stop, and it has to stop in November.

Or my resume is going on Europes version of Monster. What ever that is.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:47 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,612,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
That is in the T. The SW, and SE sections are going to weighout the T. Hopefully all the college students at PSU will get out and add a large addition to that part.
Pennsylvania is unique in that it has a dual character (The cities and the T of Pennsyltucky). It is the urbanest of urban combined with the countriest of country. So it's possible to get wildly differing perspectives on politics.

Fortunately, the big urban metro areas are much more populated than the rural areas, so politically, Pennsylvania is a blue state. As an example. Ed Rendell wins in landslides by carrying the same 10 (out of 67) counties.

Philly metro
Burg metro
Penn State and Lehigh County
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania