Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2006, 09:17 AM

9 posts, read 48,356 times

Advertisements

All Info Would Help For The Interstate 80 Area Up In Berwick,bloomsburg And Jerseytown...thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2006, 07:56 PM

84 posts, read 419,885 times
I grew up in Berwick and I could not wait to get the heck out of there! It is a smallllllll town which revolves around the HS football team. Life literally stops of Friday nights during football season. The main employers are PPL power plant, Berwick Industries (world's largest ribbon/bow manufacturer) and Wise Potato Chips. I believe all three have gone through a lot of layoffs in the last year, so I don't know if they are hiring. There are a lot of older people in Berwick, crime is unfortunately starting to pick up as people from NYC move in to town and bring their drug/gang business with them (and the small, underfunded police force just can't handle the influx of issues), and there is really NOTHING to do unless you want to drive 20 minutes to get there. Bloomsburg is a nicer town, with a state university there so they have more restaurants, things to do, etc. Seriously though, the area is definitely past it's prime and there is nothing that appears to be bringing it back (my parents still live there so we visit every 6 weeks or so). Cost of living and the Bloomsburg Fair are really the only things going for this area. I moved to Lancaster County to go to school and then to the Lehigh Valley (Allentown/Bethlehem) to find a job and live. I am sooo glad I moved. I've lived here 10 years now and I couldn't be happier.

GraysMom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania