Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 05:06 PM

69 posts, read 252,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauraferg View Post
No! State College is NOT out. I have no clue what these other people are talking about. State College is an A+ town. The crime is very, very minimal. The schools are excellent, and the people are friendly. Students cause no trouble at all. They stay on campus and are really not bad. The houses are very resonably priced. There are many state parks and the setting is beautiful. Drinking? I have no clue why people are saying that's what everyone does, because it's not. If you really don't want to be near students, go to Bellefonte, which is right outside of State College. Please don't listen to these other people. They don't no what they are talking about. Yeah, everthing kind of does have to do with Penn State, but that's just because everyone's a fan and loves their University. What's wrong with that? It breaks my heart that people are saying mean things about the town and area I love, because when they are so wrong. Look at State College websites and other forums on State College, it's a wonderful place. It is called Happy Valley, after all. DON'T TRUST THESE OTHER PEOPLE!!!!!!!!! I hope I changed your mind about State College.

I agree with most of what is quoted above except that the houses are reasonably priced. It is more expensive to live in State College than the surrounding area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2007, 09:32 AM

93 posts, read 315,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian2003 View Post
I agree with most of what is quoted above except that the houses are reasonably priced. It is more expensive to live in State College than the surrounding area.
They are for sure more expensive then the surronding areas, but you can get a nice house there in a good neighborhood for under $200,000. That isn't the case in most big college towns.

Old 04-14-2007, 05:54 PM

1,099 posts, read 4,620,728 times
Housing prices are out of control in most of the State College area...I don't think it's worth it...it's so isolated.

Old 04-14-2007, 08:23 PM

402 posts, read 2,211,247 times
I agree...
My husband, two toddlers, and I just moved here from NC, and we LOVE it....
We've been to a different park nearly every day, gone on lots of walks on biking trails, and are amazed (compared to where we're from) at how nice people in this area are. I guess it depends on what you want!

Old 07-22-2010, 03:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,479 times
I live in this dreadful, boring and chronically ill and lily white town and absolutely hate it! The people here are mostly white, rude, think they're educated but have NO common sense; they take your kindness for weakness at every angle and in general live in a white fantasy world. Yep, I'm white and have traveled and live extensively around the globe. If you are white, boring, a nag or a complainer this is the place for you! Happy Valley is a misnomer. There is nothing happy in this valley. All of the cry babies and whiners in the country live here in State College. If you work for PSU you're broke like everyone else here and try to live like the Joneses.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:01 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,939,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belvedeere View Post
All of the cry babies and whiners in the country live here in State College.
Were Crocodile Hunter still with us , he would say (in a whisper), "And hea we have right in front of us a real live State College whiena ! Neaow way !"

Hey, I can kid you on that 'cause I'm one too. Check out my "If you aren't in College you can't date in State College," which is a true masterpiece in whining and complaining composed by me.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:27 AM

119 posts, read 384,836 times
And this 3+ year old thread was revived because.............................. ?

Old 08-06-2011, 06:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,174 times
State College blows. I grew up here and the town is a legend in its own mind. Way too much money and free time to waste on being complete *******s (did I mention too much PhD--as in "piled high and deep"?). The ruling local yokels really believe that they are the ****-it. Can't wait to get away from here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania