Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 08:35 AM

50 posts, read 396,827 times

Advertisements

OH, Please correct me the educated one!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 08:45 AM

14 posts, read 36,323 times
Oh OK, thanks for clearing that up.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:55 AM

1,099 posts, read 4,620,728 times
Erie city showed a population gain over last year in the latest census numbers. The county overall is still losing population, however.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:54 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblea65 View Post
I didn't know Erie folks were so proper with their English
I guess my parents got their money's worth in paying taxes to the Iroquois school district.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:55 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,703,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblea65 View Post
I am sorry, I didn't use proper english... "You wish you were" I didn't know Erie folks were so proper with their English..

I visit Erie probably 10 to 12 times a year, depending on how much I am in the Country!!!
Poor Richards Tackle Shop then,
Walnut Creek, 8 miles north west... First Trench!!!
So you must be a Steelhead fisherman?

Old 07-02-2009, 11:31 PM

50 posts, read 396,827 times
Nope... Walleye!!!

Old 07-05-2009, 10:41 AM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
Remember what I said about people crying about this??? Well here's the ring leader.
Crying about what? I, the "ring leader" of the pro-South Central PA forum movement, made a FULL-FLEDGED CASE with a poll with dozens upon dozens of respondents, U.S. census data extrapolations, thread listings, pleas via DM, etc., etc. for the creation of either a South Central PA or Harrisburg sub-forum, and the powers-that-be just made it known to me how little they truly cared about the organization (or current lack thereof) of the PA forum. We're the sixth-most-populous state with one of the highest levels of forum traffic/activity, and yet South Central PA, an economically interdependent eight-county area with well over 1-million people, is deemed unworthy of a sub-forum while many other states have much less valid sub-forums that are barely keeping their heads above water in terms of traffic.

If you are going to demand a NW PA sub-forum, then please prove your case to not only me but also to forum administration that NW PA is more worthy of a sub-forum than South Central PA.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:25 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,703,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post

If you are going to demand a NW PA sub-forum, then please prove your case to not only me but also to forum administration that NW PA is more worthy of a sub-forum than South Central PA.
LOL..................this is an internet discussion forum, you sure as heck aren't someone I have to prove anything to.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:43 PM

11 posts, read 40,270 times
I would welcome any and all information about northwest PA. My husband is from Oil City orginally and we are planning on moving somewhere around there. ( Oil City, Franklin, Warren, Sheffield, Clarendon, etc) . I have been a couple of times and loved PA. Rural life works for me! We are not concerned about jobs (no we aren't rich, we are just old!) Latest cuisine? As long as I can get a good hamburger (or pie) once in awhile, I'm happy! I will not complain about the snow ( not even once, I promise). I will never tell you how great things were where I used to live. I will welcome new friends and new discoveries. The only thing I can't change or live without ( you knew there had to be one!) is southern iced tea. Unless things have changed the iced tea up north is instant and unsweetened. That's okay though, we can't make good pie down here. :-)

Can't wait to visit!!!

Old 07-09-2009, 06:46 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
LOL..................this is an internet discussion forum, you sure as heck aren't someone I have to prove anything to.
Well then good luck getting your sub-forum for NW PA then. If they didn't listen to all of my squawking about the Harrisburg area, then what makes you think they'll create a NW PA sub-forum when the Harrisburg area is MUCH more active on here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania