Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 11:44 AM

6 posts, read 16,025 times

Advertisements

It's nice to know that people from Ohio as well as other states are coming into Pennsylvania and taking our Welfare dollars. The Governor, his administration and any other democrat who supports this botched Welfare Reform package are screwing all of us.

They're letting fraud investigations go untouched. It's getting out of control and the Governor is trying to hide all of it.

Testifiers just made their claims today that the current Welfare Program is a crap shoot.

We need to let the Governor and every other democrat know they're not going to get away with this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2007, 11:49 AM

2,902 posts, read 10,071,152 times
I'm not exactly sure how you blame Democrats because the PA Senate is still tightly under Republican control and the Democrats only hold House majority by one single seat! Not to mention I plain old think your rant is unfounded and rather silly. lol.

Last edited by guylocke; 04-30-2007 at 12:13 PM..

Old 04-30-2007, 12:42 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheBurg View Post
It's nice to know that people from Ohio as well as other states are coming into Pennsylvania and taking our Welfare dollars. The Governor, his administration and any other democrat who supports this botched Welfare Reform package are screwing all of us.

They're letting fraud investigations go untouched. It's getting out of control and the Governor is trying to hide all of it.

Testifiers just made their claims today that the current Welfare Program is a crap shoot.

We need to let the Governor and every other democrat know they're not going to get away with this!
I happened to check out your other post and saw your lovely reference to your governor.

Nice. Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

In fairness -- the worst thing my late father in law could say about a person was that he or she was a "Republican".

And what I get from all this is that partisan politics gets us nowhere... for every Democrat doing this, you can find a Republican doing it, too. In politics there are no saints -- just a whole lot of sinners trying to do the best job they can, with a bunch of glad handers and sycophants doing their level best to waylay them with all the money that the companies can throw their way...

So back up what you're saying -- give us the references and we can talk -- until then -- ta-ta!

Old 04-30-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
In fairness -- the worst thing my late father in law could say about a person was that he or she was a "Republican".
I'm with him!!

hahaha, j/k

... or am I? ...

Old 04-30-2007, 04:41 PM

6 posts, read 16,025 times
Default Are you blind to the government?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boylocke View Post
I'm not exactly sure how you blame Democrats because the PA Senate is still tightly under Republican control and the Democrats only hold House majority by one single seat! Not to mention I plain old think your rant is unfounded and rather silly. lol.
It's your tax dollars at work supporting the Governor's corrupt business. He and the rest of his democrat cronies are wasting your money! Do you not understand this?

A huge chunk of the state's budget goes toward welfare. Explain this: We have more people than ever on Welfare but yet the Governor claims we have the best unemployment rate ever.

Don't go through life with blinders on.

Old 04-30-2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
It's your tax dollars at work supporting the Governor's corrupt business. He and the rest of his democrat cronies are wasting your money! Do you not understand this?

A huge chunk of the state's budget goes toward welfare. Explain this: We have more people than ever on Welfare but yet the Governor claims we have the best unemployment rate ever.

Don't go through life with blinders on.
Ok Mr. Santorum.... get a grip. We all know you lost your seat by a landslide, but don't you have better things to do than waste your time here with us?

Old 04-30-2007, 05:00 PM

269 posts, read 1,054,949 times
Santorum ha ha - I can't hear his name without thinking about Dan Savage.

Old 04-30-2007, 06:39 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boylocke View Post
Ok Mr. Santorum.... get a grip. We all know you lost your seat by a landslide, but don't you have better things to do than waste your time here with us?
That was hillarious, boylocke! Thanks for the laugh!

Old 04-30-2007, 06:41 PM

487 posts, read 1,380,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheBurg View Post

Help me understand what this has to do with Pittsburgh.

Old 04-30-2007, 06:45 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
I don't know what it has to do with Pittsburgh, but I do know that people on low incomes and no incomes come here from all over the country because of Pennsylvania's social services. I've run across people on all types of internet forums who are specifically moving to Pennsylvania for the Blue Chip program. Amazingly, many are from California. You'd think liberal California would have better social services than Pennsylvania, but apparently that is not the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania