Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 06:58 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernNE View Post
Cremebrulee, do you live here now? You are way too right, everyone I know has moved here from somewhere else, actually they seem to be the only nice ones. The locals, are sort of fast paced and have like a mini NYC attitude in MO, My husband grew up in Doylestown and had a great school, but they have changed and now his youngest sister (almost 2 times younger than him) is going to school there, and said it's filled with drugs, pills and heroin. All of her friends are good at their academics, but are closet drug users...so Doylestown areas are not as cracked up as they are thought to be either! She said it's from a lot of her friends parents having lots of $$$, stealing from them, or their parents leaving prescription meds with in the teenage kids reach etc. I know there are drug problems everywhere, but she said ALL of her friends do lots of hard core drugs, and they don't look anything like druggies!!!

Anyway, we are only here because of work, and I would love to move more South or at least further away from all these huge cities!
Hi There, no I don't still live there, I hated it there...very small town mentality as far as some of the locals go...as far as the drugs, as the other poster said above me, I'm certain they are available anywhere...however, to me, down town Quakertown is really creepy...sleezy and drug oriented, due to the sleezy bars there....and as far as kids and drugs go, I firmly feel, it's all about parenting...it is no one elses responsiblity to keep kids from taking drugs except the parents...and due to a fast pace world today, two parents working, well, all you can do is the best that you can do, and hope they don't start experimenting...but I do understand it's pretty rampid in all areas...actually years ago, I moved far away from Quakertown to get my son away from drug influence, b/c even then, drugs were existing in the school....

I wouldn't call Quakertown a huge city, but the thru traffice is horrendous and a big problem...plus some of the people running the town are really not the most competent...but as in everything in life, you have good and bad...so, you do the best you can...but if I were you, and want a little more seclusion, I'd start looking in the Telford, Red Hill, East Greenville, perhaps Springtown, Outskirts of Richlandtown, like Feasterville area...Skipack, Skipack is a tremendous area....I know several people who live there and love it there, it's rural...quiet, and they have a whole lot of community family events, the schools are good, and the resturants there are amazing...Perkasie, Dublin, Souderton, North Wales, however, the further south you go, the more expensive everything is....

Good luck and nice talking to you....

Creme
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 01:19 AM

4 posts, read 4,857 times
Im from Richland Township and i like it around here. To be honest tho i avoid Quakertown as much as possible. Quakertown , Doylestown are both way to congested. If you have kids and want good schools you have to go north above Coopersburg. Drugs are miserable in all schools but our schools in Bucks County are out of control as far as drugs go. Not to mention the schools just suck around here in Bucks County. If you have kids do not rent from Quakertown West apartments or Stone Gate villiage. My son lives with my three grandkids in Southern Lehigh, Great schools and great area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania