Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2015, 07:11 AM

19 posts, read 33,537 times

Advertisements

We have the option of a free rental for 2 to 3 months in Pensacola as a perk from my husbands potential new employer but my concern is we want our son to go to gulf breeze to school and we are planning on buying a house in Gulf Breeze once we have made the final decision we are looking at a home that is a short sale and know that can take some time to get into if we pursue it. Can we reside in Pensacola for a couple month and have the ability to send my son to Gulf Breeze? Where we live we have open enrollment and the kids can choose to go anywhere in the county, and have been searching online and can not find any info on this. Thanks in advance. So far things are going smoothly and he has the job and they are just finalizing salary stuff etc.

Amy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 10:01 AM

2,269 posts, read 7,333,657 times
Gulf Breeze is in Santa Rosa County; Pensacola is in Escambia; so no, you cannot send him to school in Gulf Breeze. How old is he? Will it really make much difference if he changes schools during the year?

Old 06-23-2015, 10:06 AM

OK kind wondered was not sure though, thanks for the info. We will figure something out. He is 15 and will be a sophomore so would like to get him into the school distract asap without having to transfer 2 months into our move.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:24 AM

In that case, the free 2-3 month rental is definitely not worth it. Just rent something in Gulf Breeze so your son can go to GBHS. Believe me, you don't want your kid in Pensacola schools.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:08 PM

Thank you @ AustinTraveler was thinking the same thing, after one of your other reply's leading us to Gulf Breeze that is where we want to live and send our son no matter what.
If we can not find anything else to rent we have discussed home schooling till we get a house purchased. Not ideal either but at least a safer route keeping him out of Pensacola high school.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCWILSON View Post
Thank you @ AustinTraveler was thinking the same thing, after one of your other reply's leading us to Gulf Breeze that is where we want to live and send our son no matter what.
If we can not find anything else to rent we have discussed home schooling till we get a house purchased. Not ideal either but at least a safer route keeping him out of Pensacola high school.
Good call! I don't want you to think that GBHS is the greatest. Please be aware that there is a lot of drug use, etc. there but that is common in most high schools. But, it is a good school; you just have to keep your kid on the straight and narrow. Plenty of sports and after school activities to keep him busy.

Nobody will ever come out and say this but the reason you want Gulf Breeze and not Pensacola is that there are a lot of underprivileged kids in Pensacola (both black and white, but mostly black) and they keep the learning curve down. Sad but true.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:36 AM

AustinTraveler @ Unfortunately you are so very right, my son at (just turned) 15 in our own home town has kids in his class that have been doing drugs for sometime, one was bragging to my son about his pot being laced, I was like WHAT.. So we are experiencing that where I live now, but Gulf Breeze school has a better rating than where we go now, my son will be involved with a few sports, probably be purchasing a boat, and are very active water people, and hands on parents, we attend a church here and sought out a couple that are in Gulf Breeze similar, that we will get the whole family involved in, my son is a tech geek and does a lot of the computer programming stuff for the church we attend now, hoping to get him back into that once we are down there also. My daughter is 19 and will also be moving and is a hands on sister, and very protective of her brother as well. Appreciate your honesty and very glad to have someone tell us how it really is rather than being wishy washy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola