Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2024, 12:03 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,478,550 times

Advertisements

If I were looking for a home with a minimum half acre lot, preferably 1+ acre, what areas would you recommend within an hour of Pensacola? Budget of around $800K. Schools are not important although it would be nice to have some type of college nearby. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2024, 03:36 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,924,448 times
With those criteria, you can have your pick.

You'll have to be more specific. Do you want to live in a town with a 1+ acre lot, or do you want a property in the country?

Does it matter if it's in Florida or Alabama?

Do you want to be near water?

If it were me, I'd look into Bagdad (FL) or Magnolia Springs (AL). But those areas may not appeal to you at all.

Old 03-13-2024, 04:58 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,478,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escalamike View Post
with those criteria, you can have your pick.

You'll have to be more specific. Do you want to live in a town with a 1+ acre lot, or do you want a property in the country?

• thanks mike, details, details, lol. Prefer being in or very close to town(s) for shopping, restaurants, entertainment, gym, etc.

does it matter if it's in florida or alabama?

• florida is preferred due to no state income tax.

do you want to be near water?

• ideally sure, but i know a nice home near the beach with a large lot is likely not possible for under a million. Other than being near the beaches, water is not important. I'm not going fishing, swimming or boating anywhere alligators live.

if it were me, i'd look into bagdad (fl) or magnolia springs (al). But those areas may not appeal to you at all.

• will take a look, thank you.

Old 03-14-2024, 07:48 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,924,448 times
West of Pensacola proper going out towards Lillian, AL is a nice area.

What do you think of something like these?

11785 Lillian Hwy.

10801 Lillian Hwy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
View detailed profiles of: