Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2010, 01:01 AM

1 posts, read 876 times

Advertisements

Hi All,
i'm looking for some help and advice. I am trying to trace the whereabouts of a friend of my father's. He was a Mormon Missionary working in Scotland in 1968 where he met my father. They became good friends, and my father has recently asked if I can find out what happened to him. He'd currently be about 67/68 and came from salt Lake City.

Anyone with experience in this kind of thing or be able to point me in the direction where I should look, would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 09:35 AM

125 posts, read 28,689 times
Hi back at you,

Do you have any information on him at all? You need at least a name to have a chance. I have some Mormon friends, so I'll ask if they keep records on missionary trips and if they can be accessed. In any case, just post as much info as you can.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:12 AM

You can try typing his name into google. A lot of sites(peoplefinder, zabasearch, etc.) will come up with different people. You have to pay to get complete results (marriage, arrests, divorce, other gov't records) and I don't recommend that unless you're desperate. Anyways, the websites usually show past locations and possible relatives. Sift through these looking for one with Salt Lake City in it. If you find one(or a couple), then use the last known location to look them up on yellow pages or white pages. Anywho.com is pretty good at giving you numbers and addresses. If you want me to help you look, then let me know.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:11 PM

ScottishMissionary.org - [Locate.php] Scotland Edinburgh Mission

This is a list of people that have made profiles on the scottish missionary site. Just select the correct year or enter in the last name of the person you're looking for. If you don't know it, then you might be able to talk to the people that were there when your father was and see if they remember him and his friend.

Let me know if this helps.

Last edited by KramerZombie; 08-30-2010 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: more complete answer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search