Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 01:53 PM

160 posts, read 321,358 times

Advertisements

Hi, my name is Dorrie. My father passed away when I was 10 yrs old, back in 1975. YUP that was a long time ago. Through out my life I have talked to one of my father's brothers on and off, my uncle Bob. I always knew that there were 7 of them, and I knew some of their names but that was about all I knew. A few years back I went to a Riley Family Reunion. It was awesome!! I met some cousins I didn't even know I had. But my Uncle Bob was the only uncle that could make it. Most of the other's had already passed away, except for Uncle Richie, I believe but he was sick. Anyways.... A few months ago I started doing my family tree. I am having a very hard time finding my uncles. But one of them is giving me a VERY VERY hard time. Uncle Thomas.
Last night I found out that my Uncle Bob has cancer. He would like to find his brother Thomas too. He hasn't heard anything in many many years. I am going to do my best to find him! I would love it if you could help. Anyway that you can!
this is all that I know about him so far..

Thomas Riley was born to Cornelius J Riley and Agnes F Cleary. Some time between 1934 and 1947. I believe he was born around 1935-1940. He was born in Boston. There is a story that when his mother, Agnes died in 1947 he was sent to live with his older brother John C. Riley in Chicago Ill. He then moved back to Newburyport, MA to live with his father, Cornelius and his new wife. He did marry, but I don't know when or to who and they lived in Lowell.

I know there isn't alot to go on, so I don't expect anyone to be able to help much. But who knows maybe one of his children are on this site and they happen to read it....

Hey I can hope
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 11:54 AM

8 posts, read 8,061 times
do you have a middle name or initial for Thomas?

Old 10-17-2010, 03:23 PM

no. I wish I did. but I have nothing. I just spoke to my Uncle Bob and he doesn't really know much of anything. All he could tell me was that Tom was called Skippy or Skipper. He did live in Newburyport on a farm and then over a small restaurant in the center of town. He said they would go fishing and then store the fish in the restaurants fridge and give it out to the different places around town. Thomas's wife got in trouble because she was not a very good mother, one of their children was sent to the Boston Chilrens Hospital. So tomorrow I am going to try to follow up on that route.
Thank You for taking the time to try to help me! I am very grateful for any help you can give me

Old 10-17-2010, 09:38 PM

1,830 posts, read 5,350,868 times
When I search Thomas Riley and Newburyport, I get one hit - Thomas P. Riley - no age or relatives listed. Checking that name and place in the phone book, I get nothing - just a Thomas M. Riley who is a radiologist.

Checking the older records, there is a Thomas P. Riley listed in the SS Death Index that may be your uncle. Here's the info, if you wish to look into it.

Social Security Death Index
about Thomas P. Riley
Name: Thomas P. Riley
SSN: 015-32-2049
Last Residence: 02124 Dorchester, Suffolk, Massachusetts
Born: 5 Jun 1942
Died: 22 Mar 2006
State (Year) SSN issued: Massachusetts (1959-1960)

You can check the death certificate to see if it's your uncle, as they usually contain the names of the parents.

Registry of Vital Records and Statistics (http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eohhs2terminal&L=5&L0=Home&L1=Government&L 2=Departments+and+Divisions&L3=Department+of+Publi c+Health&L4=Programs+and+Services+K+-+S&sid=Eeohhs2&b=terminalcontent&f=dph_vital_recor ds_g_about&csid=Eeohhs2 - broken link)

And some old addresses in Newburyport. Were either of these addresses the one you had for your uncle? I reverse-checked them to see if any Rileys were still living there. They were not.

Name: Thomas P Riley
Address: 19 57th St
City: Newburyport
State: MA
Zip Code: 01950-4442

Address: 45 Central Pl
Zip Code: 01950

Old 10-19-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcgCali View Post
When I search Thomas Riley and Newburyport, I get one hit - Thomas P. Riley - no age or relatives listed. Checking that name and place in the phone book, I get nothing - just a Thomas M. Riley who is a radiologist.

Checking the older records, there is a Thomas P. Riley listed in the SS Death Index that may be your uncle. Here's the info, if you wish to look into it.

about Thomas P. Riley
Name: Thomas P. Riley
SSN: 015-32-2049
Last Residence: 02124 Dorchester, Suffolk, Massachusetts
Born: 5 Jun 1942
Died: 22 Mar 2006
State (Year) SSN issued: Massachusetts (1959-1960)

You can check the death certificate to see if it's your uncle, as they usually contain the names of the parents.

Registry of Vital Records and Statistics (http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eohhs2terminal&L=5&L0=Home&L1=Government&L 2=Departments+and+Divisions&L3=Department+of+Publi c+Health&L4=Programs+and+Services+K+-+S&sid=Eeohhs2&b=terminalcontent&f=dph_vital_recor ds_g_about&csid=Eeohhs2 - broken link)

And some old addresses in Newburyport. Were either of these addresses the one you had for your uncle? I reverse-checked them to see if any Rileys were still living there. They were not.

Address: 19 57th St
Zip Code: 01950-4442

Address: 45 Central Pl
Zip Code: 01950
OMG! you are amazing!! I will look into all of this right away! Thank you for doing all of this work. That's wonderful!
I will let you know what I find out!

Old 01-04-2011, 09:57 PM

Default Update with new information

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorrieMA View Post
Hi, my name is Dorrie. My father passed away when I was 10 yrs old, back in 1975. YUP that was a long time ago. Through out my life I have talked to one of my father's brothers on and off, my uncle Bob. I always knew that there were 7 of them, and I knew some of their names but that was about all I knew. A few years back I went to a Riley Family Reunion. It was awesome!! I met some cousins I didn't even know I had. But my Uncle Bob was the only uncle that could make it. Most of the other's had already passed away, except for Uncle Richie, I believe but he was sick. Anyways.... A few months ago I started doing my family tree. I am having a very hard time finding my uncles. But one of them is giving me a VERY VERY hard time. Uncle Thomas.
Last night I found out that my Uncle Bob has cancer. He would like to find his brother Thomas too. He hasn't heard anything in many many years. I am going to do my best to find him! I would love it if you could help. Anyway that you can!
this is all that I know about him so far..

Thomas Riley was born to Cornelius J Riley and Agnes F Cleary. Some time between 1934 and 1947. I believe he was born around 1935-1940. He was born in Boston. There is a story that when his mother, Agnes died in 1947 he was sent to live with his older brother John C. Riley in Chicago Ill. He then moved back to Newburyport, MA to live with his father, Cornelius and his new wife. He did marry, but I don't know when or to who and they lived in Lowell.

I know there isn't alot to go on, so I don't expect anyone to be able to help much. But who knows maybe one of his children are on this site and they happen to read it....

Hey I can hope

It has taken some time and a lot of work but I have found Thomas Riley's date of birth and a little more information,not much but a little. Thomas was born Aug 31, 1936, in Boston, MA. His father, Cornelius was a machinist at the time and mother was a housewife.
I have still not found any information on his life in Chicago. But there is a story that I am in the process of trying to find facts of, My Uncle Bob recalled that when Thomas' lived in Lowell,MA his wife had a drug and alcohol problem. She abused their children and at one point she pulled the fingers of one the children's hand apart. So badly that the child had to be rushed to the Children's Hospital in Boston. (I tried they can give me NO information.) That is all we can find out about it. We know that Thomas did not spend any time in Jail. It is possible that at least one of his sons did. HOWEVER, I don't KNOW the childrens names!!
Talk about frustrating!!

Thanks

Old 01-05-2011, 03:39 PM

I'm very sorry, but he is in the SS Death Index.

about Thomas J. Riley

Name:Thomas J. Riley
SSN:xxx
Last Residence: 03570 Berlin, Coos, New Hampshire, United States of America
Born: 31 Aug 1936
Died: 18 Mar 2007
State (Year) SSN issued: Massachusetts (1956)

RILEY, THOMAS born 08/31/1936:

RILEY, THOMAS J (Age 74)

Associated names:

RILEY, THOS J

HAVERHILL, MA
EPPING, NH
SALISBURY, MA

Possible Relatives:

RILEY, ANDREA M
RILEY, ANGELA M (Age 39)
RILEY, ANDREA M (Age 66)

Possible Roommates / Associates:

RUSSELL, MAZIE L (Age 73)

RILEY, ANDREA M (Age 66)
AMESBURY, MA
SALISBURY, MA

Possible Relatives:

RILEY, THOMAS J (Age 74)
RILEY, ANGELA M (Age 39)
RANDALL, MARGARET LAURA (Age 46)
RILEY, MARGARET L (Age 46)

Possible daughters?

Angela Riley
20 Wotton St
North Chelmsford, MA 01863-1336
(978) 455-3593

Associated names:

RILEY, MARGARET L

JONES, OK
AMESBURY, MA
BELFAST, ME
MORRILL, ME
LIBERTY, ME
BELMONT, ME

Margaret L Randall
616 Alabama St
Jones, OK 73049-7530
(405) 399-2746

Last edited by hcgCali; 01-05-2011 at 04:49 PM..

Old 01-19-2011, 07:36 AM

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcgCali View Post
I'm very sorry, but he is in the SS Death Index.

about Thomas J. Riley

Name:Thomas J. Riley
SSN:xxx
Last Residence: 03570 Berlin, Coos, New Hampshire, United States of America
Born: 31 Aug 1936
Died: 18 Mar 2007
State (Year) SSN issued: Massachusetts (1956)

RILEY, THOMAS born 08/31/1936:

RILEY, THOMAS J (Age 74)

Associated names:

RILEY, THOS J

HAVERHILL, MA
EPPING, NH
SALISBURY, MA

Possible Relatives:

RILEY, ANDREA M
RILEY, ANGELA M (Age 39)
RILEY, ANDREA M (Age 66)

Possible Roommates / Associates:

RUSSELL, MAZIE L (Age 73)

RILEY, ANDREA M (Age 66)
AMESBURY, MA
SALISBURY, MA

Possible Relatives:

RILEY, THOMAS J (Age 74)
RILEY, ANGELA M (Age 39)
RILEY, MARGARET L (Age 46)

Possible daughters?

Angela Riley
20 Wotton St
North Chelmsford, MA 01863-1336
(978) 455-3593

Associated names:

RILEY, MARGARET L

JONES, OK
AMESBURY, MA
BELFAST, ME
MORRILL, ME
LIBERTY, ME
BELMONT, ME

Margaret L Randall
616 Alabama St
Jones, OK 73049-7530
(405) 399-2746

Thank You. I had found the SSD listing, and was trying to verify that was him. It is. HOW did you get so much more information?? I have been searching for ANYTHING about him and have been unable to come up with anything. This is just WONDERFUL!!
I can not thank you enough!

THANK YOU SO MUCH from the bottom of my heart!!

Old 01-19-2011, 03:45 PM

You're very welcome, Dorrie. Sorry it was too late for the 2 brothers to reconnect.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:46 PM

2 posts, read 2,055 times
Default Thomas Riley

Hi Dorrie, I hope all is well.

I was looking for information on someone and I stumbled upon your (2 yr old) query about Tom Riley. I knew Tom. My sister is married to his step-son, Eric and was married to Eric's Mom, Mazie, who passed in 2005. Tom passed away in FL a few years ago.

Tom was a very sweet guy. Even with all of his health problems, he never complained. He was just a good guy.

My sister and Eric just moved back to MA from FL. They also have a place in Berlin, NH. Tom loved it up in the mountains and they're planning on scattering his ashes there.

If you want any more information, I would be happy to connect you to Eric.

Take care.
Cindy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search