Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 03:50 PM

2 posts, read 9,778 times

Advertisements

Hi Lisa,
My name is Miriam Conway nee Fernandez. I was at St. Joseph's Home from 1963 to 1967. My twin sister Margaret was there as well. Do you remember the twins?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2007, 07:57 AM

7 posts, read 51,698 times
Default some pictures at the kennedy home..and a trip to lake tiratti in upstate ny..

some pictures i have from the kennedy home...
names i remember from the kennedy home..
cari suarez, and janet arroyo
the buildings 3b,weldon hall, hayes hall, dolores hall
st. cabrini sponsored the group home i lived at amundson avenue.
Attached Thumbnails
Kennedy Home Alumni-sondra_and_carlos.jpg   Kennedy Home Alumni-_72_camping.jpg   Kennedy Home Alumni-confirmation.jpg   Kennedy Home Alumni-feb1977amundsen.jpg   Kennedy Home Alumni-a_litte_older_thor.jpg  

Kennedy Home Alumni-gradnite.jpg  

Old 12-20-2007, 12:00 PM

3 posts, read 27,911 times
Default Tracy"

The Tracy's from St. Joes or the ones from Kennedy. :Kennedy- Collect, Dennise, Eleanor Franny and Gloria. St. Joes: Gloria, Mickey, Maryann, Joey and Maureen.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:07 PM

4 posts, read 28,415 times
Default gjtbeach

I take it you were in one of the home also? What years were you there and which ones?
Someone was going to try and get a reunion going, but have not heard from her since she posted. I can't remember most of the kids names I was with in St. Joe's.

Old 01-01-2008, 11:32 PM

2 posts, read 11,350 times
Default St Joseph's Group Home in Peekskill, NY

Wow, I found this site completely by accident and am glad that I did. I was in St. Joseph's for approximately 5 years, from ages 7-12, from 1968-1973. I also attended Oakside Elementary School on 200 Decatur Avenue in Peekskill. I was wondering if anyone out there was at St. Joseph's during that time or attended Oakside and remembers any of the counselors, nuns, social workers teachers or kids. Two staff member's names stick out for me; Scott Knapp and Ms. Maikish. I was also on the St Joe's swim team and recall competing against the Kennedy Home frequently. If anyone has pics from that era please post them. I look forward to hearing from you.

Peace.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:21 PM

3 posts, read 30,274 times
ha, one leaving another comes in . I left January 1968 at age nine after three years. I do remember going to Oakside and had a teacher by the name of ms duran I think. I do know when I left that sister Marie Paul was the head nun.
A few good memories from home but was sure glad to get out of. I to found this sight by mistake several months ago. I guess St. Joes some how drawing us to it still.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:35 AM

13 posts, read 60,026 times
Bronxboy,
You seem to have touched a core nerve for me. In that your time spent at Kennedy Home coinsides with my stay from Jun 1960 through September 1967. I am familar with some of the names you mentioned, as well as the cottages. I visited the old grounds in Sept 2004. As was mentioned in another email from another Homie, Kennedy closed down in 1985. It was sold to the United Cerebal Palsey Foundation, which uses it today as a residence for their patients. The main core structures have been demolished (3B. 3C, the main administration building, convent, the kitchen complex, the little girls cottage (2B??), as well as the elementry school).The gym/chapel building remains, as do other structures. I have a gaggle of names I can throw at you. What and where they are, I have no idea, but they are names only of Kennedy Home alumni's from 1960-1967. I'd be happy to provide what I know and share specifics memories of those wonder years.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:29 AM

Here are more names of boys and girls I recall from Kennedy Home 1960-1967. I don't know where they are or what they are doing at this point. Hope it jars some of your memories. John Benson, Ricardo and Mario Almo, John and Charles Cosby, Eddie and Walter Sepanski, Frankie and Elizabeth Rosado, Sheila Brady, Benjamin Dueno and brother, Peter Vallentutti, Anthony and Michael DePalma, Gregory Pope, Manuel Arron, Ivan Cruz, Freddy Hicks and brothers, Miriam Gonzales, Jenny Gonzales (had mad crush on her), Hector Maldenado, Robert Vasquez and sister, Aida and Miriam Zaldivar and brothers Oscar & David, Henry Herb and his brothers and sister Denise, Teddy & Jimmy O'Connell and brother, Raymond and Frank (last name unknown) but they were deaf and mutes brothers (great guys), Elias Monjay (Elvis nut), Benjamin and Sonny Griffin, Juan Ruiz and brother, Zelma Rodriques (first girl I kissed outside of my familly), Danny Keegan, Ivan Suarez, The Roach brothers, Marilynn Mcdonald (half pint), Eddie Pagan and brothers, Vinny Fonseca and sister (believe she married Juan Ruiz), Paul Ubriaco and sister, Henry Paul and sister Geraldine, Ellen and Rosemary Ryan, Michael (he attended St. Michael's and played football there) and his sister Ellen, Billy & Jimmy Temple and sister Nancy (have been advised Billy has passed), Bill Monroe and sister. Some Counselors and Nuns: Sister Octavia - (Italian cook, great lady), Sister Mary Herbert (Nurse), Mother Antoinette, Mother Sebastian, Sister Dolorita, Sister Vincent de Paul, Sister Bernedette, Siste Mary Acquinas (the girls loved her), Sister Mary Patrick, Sister Josephine Marie, Mrs O'Neil (3C then Weldon Hall's matriarch), Mr. Henry, Mr. Barry, Mr. Cox, Mr. Cleary, Mr. McGrath, Mr. Ferrera, Mr. Omar. Some of thoses listed above are no longer with us, but their memory and influence on our lives remains. I'd be happy to discuss any of this period with anyone.

Last edited by homie67; 01-15-2008 at 08:37 AM..

Old 01-15-2008, 06:01 PM

4 posts, read 27,994 times
Default And you Know me also

I know every one of the People you Mentioned.
you forgot.
Benny Griffen
Clearenc West
Philup Castro
I know More

Write Back

tom.c

Old 01-16-2008, 07:41 AM

Curdog,
Glad to read there are others out there who know many of the same folks. I did have Benny Griffin listed as Benjamin, but I must admit I do not recall Clarence West nor Phillip Castro. Did they have sudo-names, nick names. I do remember Cynthia Castro. Let's take this off this page and email direct at zaldivar51@yahoo.com. Looking forward to your response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search