Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 06:39 AM

239 posts, read 478,706 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

I need help. We are trying to locate decendants of:
Victor Cabrera Rico
DOB 23 Dec 1916
Died 2 Feb 1981 in Naples, Collier Cty, FL

I already tried to find info from the newspapers there and the library (to find an obit with names). They have the same info, but no other names or a burial place.

Can anybody help out? Thanks a million.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 12:11 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,927,316 times
his social security number came from california:

NAME: Victor Rico
BIRTH:
date
DEATH: dd mm 1981 - city, Miami-dade, Florida, United States of America
CIVIL: California
OTHER: city, Collier, Florida, United States of America

Victor Rico - Ancestry.com
Victor Cabrera Rico - Ancestry.com

possibly related to jose?
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...118551&df=all&

Old 08-21-2012, 12:27 AM

5thgen
yes, he was born in CA. No, not realated to the PFC in El Paso.
I already have all the other info. I am trying to find descendants. I need new info.
Thanks.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:58 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,927,316 times
what city in CA?

Old 08-22-2012, 02:41 AM

No idea, all we know from the Army info is that he was from CA.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:13 AM

We just got some more info:
The death record indicates he is burried at Lake Trafford Cemetery in Immokalee, FL. Hodges Funeral Chapel in Naples, FL handled the arrangements. Unfortunately not much was known about this gentleman as their are "unknowns" listed in the fields for marital status, parents' names & place of birth.

Just for info.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:00 AM

14,478 posts, read 20,657,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeHexi View Post
We just got some more info:
The death record indicates he is burried at Lake Trafford Cemetery in Immokalee, FL. Hodges Funeral Chapel in Naples, FL handled the arrangements. Unfortunately not much was known about this gentleman as their are "unknowns" listed in the fields for marital status, parents' names & place of birth.

Just for info.
Dee:
The Funeral Home can often tell you the name of who paid for the funeral, etc.
And some family members continue to use the same funeral home in the future as the deceased.
Unless you have determined that he had no siblings, or in-laws, living in that same area of Florida.
I've called a couple or three funeral homes over the years, with some success.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:39 PM

Howard,
I called the funeral home. She said they are not allowed to give out any information due to some privacy law called 'hippa'(?). I even explained the situation. She sad sorry, no can do.
So I will send letters to the churches around there hoping that one maybe did the service or know anything. But I did that before. I send emails to app 6 churches and these hypocrites didn't even have the decency to respond.
So if you can think of anything else...shoot!

Old 08-23-2012, 06:31 AM

14,478 posts, read 20,657,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeHexi View Post
Howard,
I called the funeral home. She said they are not allowed to give out any information due to some privacy law called 'hippa'(?). I even explained the situation. She sad sorry, no can do.
So I will send letters to the churches around there hoping that one maybe did the service or know anything. But I did that before. I send emails to app 6 churches and these hypocrites didn't even have the decency to respond.
So if you can think of anything else...shoot!
The huneral home may only be willing-able to release details to a blood relative.

*** The idea of letters to area churches is an excellent idea.

Enclose a stamped self addressed envelope and maybe that will help them give you a reply.
You're looking for a yes, of course, but even a reply back with a no, at least eliminates a church from the list.

One or more of those churches, work with that specific funeral home, on a regular basis.

Churches don't do burials by themselves. They may also require the City of Naples to dig the grave.
My Father was buried in a cemetery owned by a company in Pa. A local funeral home handled it, but the City handled the digging of the grave.

Mr. Rico might have been the type person who bought plots for his wife or kids.

That is what my Father did. And he bought his in 2000 and they were only $295 each. So, on file at the cemetery are the papers and documents and they have my name and location, as well as my sister.

Back in 1981, the cost of a plot should have been quite low.

Mr. Rico may have bought more than one.
Maybe he didn't buy more than one, but 1+ of his relatives may have, so that all family members could be buried together.

You might call the Lake Trafford Cemetery.
The office of the cemetery may have infomation, and be more helpful (than Hodges) too.
Lake Trafford Cemetery - Baptist Church | Facebook

The cemetery should have a Rico file, possibly containing more than one name.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:36 AM

Howard,

I sent emails. I also asked them if they would forward a letter to any relative if there is one. So we will see what happens. Yes, I was thinking about calling the cemetery, too.
The idea calling the city might be good, too. Thanks
Keep them ideas coming!!! ;o)

Daniela
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search