Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2012, 02:02 PM

3 posts, read 5,030 times

Advertisements

I am trying to locate Martha Hetherington. She lived in Philadelphia over 40 years ago and graduated St Maria Goretti HS in 1968
THANK YOU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 09:45 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,927,316 times
Search Results - PeopleFinders.com

Martha Horn Phone and Address | Zabasearch.com Free People Search

Previous Locations Ringtown, PA | Schuylkill Haven, PA

Aliases Martha F Heathington | Martha Heathington | Martha Horn Hetherin | Martha F Hetherington | Martha H Hetherington
Relatives Glenn R Hetherington | Martha Heathington | M Horn

the age can't be right in these listings. it says "57".

Old 09-22-2012, 03:25 AM

nickname was Marcie

Old 10-26-2012, 08:36 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Default Looking for first love - are you prepared…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonsai136 View Post
I am trying to locate Martha Hetherington. She lived in Philadelphia over 40 years ago and graduated St Maria Goretti HS in 1968
THANK YOU
… for the reality to be far less than what you might be bargaining for? It happened to me.

In 1966 I enlisted in the military for Vietnam. My college sweetheart, whom I intended to marry following my graduation from Officer Candidate School, didn't wait. Shortly after my enlistment she sent me the proverbial "Dear John" letter. Over the next 40 years, at life-changing times I searched for. The first was following my return from overseas two years later. The next was following divorce many years later. At other times, once the Internet came into being I would make random searches. I always came up empty.

In 2006, quite accidentally, I ran across her name while looking for potential performance venues for one of my daughters. Further research indicated that it was, indeed, the woman I looked for over the course of the previous 40 years. I contacted her, we talked and it was very pleasant and congenial. Interestingly enough, she was in the midst of her own divorce. I, however, had it since remarried and intended to stay that way.

We have communicated on a somewhat regular basis ever since. That has also been pleasant. However, where no longer the 18 and 19-year-olds we were in 1966, we've both lived a lot of life and it is clear to both of us that a sustained relationship or marriage would never have worked in the long run. We are very different from one another.

So all I'm saying is be very careful what you wish for. I'm not in the least bit disappointed in having found my friend. I care for her as a friend but it would never have been anything more as things and we turned out. I just hope you're not potentially setting yourself up for a major disappointment. Best of luck.

Old 12-31-2014, 07:42 AM

Default found her

Well I found her. It appears she has a good life. Does not need me in her life. VERY HAPPY FOR HER. See you on the other side.
Will never forget you.
Steve

Old 01-01-2015, 04:34 AM

7,639 posts, read 8,711,366 times
Interesting thread. Good luck Bonsai136.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search